The Dogmother

Lovely present

Does your OH ever give you lovely presents?

Perhaps it's flowers or choccies...

The Boy bought me something lovely, or at least, I think it is....

axe.jpg

A new Axe!

I love chopping logs for my woodburner,a nd am often out with my chainsaw, axe or 7lb hammer. This is super, and I've already tried it out, it's pretty heavy, but I can get a good swing on it and it splits logs really well! :D:D8)

:lol::lol:

The Boy really is good at thoughtful pressies. Useful things like the axe, but also pretties too - he once bought me some lovely Elle McPherson undies - just my style, not the usual stuff that blokes buy - he sneaked some of my undies out of the drawer and took them to the shop for size comparison... bless him, at least he didn't get arrested with a bag full of ladies undies :lol::lol:

Kate - frog spawn? :? I dont think i want to know! :lol::lol:

Yes, you do :lol: ! I'd got a pond and no frogs and I'd always wanted tadpoles so he got a bucket of frogspawn from this guy at the pub (as you do) and they all turned into tadpoles and tiny frogs! Best ever prezzie :lol: . Gave me weeks of fun watching them grow!

Great present Clare :shock::shock::lol: looks a mean Axe !

best present for me was hubby coming home from work....waking me up at 6am...saying "suprise" and presenting me with 3 chickens he'd brought home :roll::lol:

Flowers....no.....chocolates.....no...... but chickens!

I dont know whether to be more worried about you spending weeks frog watching or that your LSH can get frogspawn off a chap in the pub! :lol::lol:

Im just trying to imagine the scene - your LSH having a quiet pint and in walks this chap, orders his drink & sits next to him - they exchange glances and raise eyebrows to each other.

:anxious: The chap quickly & quietly asks your LSH if he is looking for any frog spawn - good stuff, just fell off the back of a lorry earlier today going cheap for a quick sale!

:lol::lol::lol:

I dont know whether to be more worried about you spending weeks frog watching or that your LSH can get frogspawn off a chap in the pub! :lol::lol:

Im just trying to imagine the scene - your LSH having a quiet pint and in walks this chap, orders his drink & sits next to him - they exchange glances and raise eyebrows to each other.

:anxious: The chap quickly & quietly asks your LSH if he is looking for any frog spawn - good stuff, just fell off the back of a lorry earlier today going cheap for a quick sale!

:lol::lol::lol:

LOL

As for frog spawn-what a wonderful pressie. I'd be well chuffed with that myself :D

Nice axe

(note to self: NEVER fall out with Clare.....)

Practical presents are soooo much better than 'romantic' gifts.

My OH once bought me a tin of (organic) butter beans - apparently it was going to be either that or petrol station flowers.

There is no better present than something you really, genuinely want - no matter how odd it seems to everyone else (even the donor).

I'm anticipating my best-ever present will be my eglu and chickens - I have wanted them for ages and DH has always just said no up until telling me he'd arranged them. He once got very excited over a socket set I bought for him..........

Enjoy your axe,

Jan

Love is - looking at the person you're with and not being able to imagine the rest of your life without them...

And then they buy you an axe! :roll:

To be fair though, you sound delighted. Like me if I get a present like a new climbing honeysuckle or unidentified plant from the local garden centres hospital area 8)

Brian has his good points - he an build a good house for example- but he is rubbish at pressies.

I have to say "I want that BUY ME IT !!!", then he usually gets the hint (eventually)

I once complained that he never bought me flowers,so he got me a cactus as it would last a few years :roll: