Cate in NZ

Ikea

Am I the only one who has a major problem with Ikea? I go there with a sensible shopping list, and turn into a spending crazied shopping fiend the minute I pass through it's revolving doors :shock: This evening we went because I've just recovered our dining chairs in Ikea fabric and thought that it'd be nice to get some matching fabric to make a tablecloth as well. I also wanted a shower curtain, and to look out for a new laundry basket. I did get all of those things, and at bargain prices too..................... it's all the other stuff that somehow found it's way into my trolley. I have no idea how any of these additional (but essential :liar: ) items got there............. but I ended up spending £80 :eh::shock:

Hubby's putting a restraining order on me- I'll not be allowed within 5 miles of any Ikea store if he gets his way :shock:

Oh, well, I'm sure I really won't need anything else from there for ages and ages :wink:

I'm not allowed to go near Ikea either :( - not after spending £300 in 3 hours :oops: We were on our way to Anglesey and stopped off at the Wednesbury store :oops:

Funnily enough, we were discussing Ikea earlier this evening. After seeing Emma's dog's duvets at the weekend, Carl wants to go to Ikea to buy a few (Jazz eats her beds :evil::roll: ) I refuse to go because I don't want to go if I can't buy all those other 'essentials' :roll:

Last week I went to ikea and bought 2 single beds - the display bed ticket said bed and slats come separately so got down to the pick up and a big sign says "this product comes in 2 boxes" - bed and slats you would think, as per ticket. Gets the beds home - no slats, the bed pieces are in the 2 boxes and the slats are a separate item :evil: . Back to ikea the next morning, the poor wee guy that showed me to the slats got an earful and says "yes, everyone finds it confusing". Well, change it then!!!

:D:D:D:D

I love Ikea- I'm the flat-pack fairy, and love the challenge of a new box to build.

Sadly, chookiehubbie doesn't share the same excitement when he receives the visa bill! :lol::lol::lol:

Oh I love Ikea and the Warrington store is only a stones throw from me.............. :lol::lol:

I tend to go in the evening when it is quiet last time we went, about a week ago, we bought so much that hubby had to take us home and go back for the rest of the stuff............ :lol:

Egluntine i agree those blue bags are great and the more you buy the cheaper they get, they are good for using in the garden, and Emily has all her teddy bears in one...... :lol:

We have loads of the blue bags, they're great for unloading the washing machine.

Last time we went to Ikea for just a picture we spent over £400 :shock: and we didn't even buy any big furniture, or a picture come to think of it.

We do love it though, best to go on a weekday, although then Abi misses out and she loves it too.

Oh dear. I loathe the place. :oops:

Sorry! :lol:

Me too Annie. Hate it. They do have some great products but I just can't stand the hastle that goes with the experience.

Make that 3 of us! :lol:

I have to be in the right frame of mind to even contemplate shopping but going to Ikea is another level altogether! :shock:

I have two very good reasons for my disliking:

My nearest is Bristol, so quite a drive. The first time I went we got nearly all the way round, had an absolute trolley full, left it to go and get something (candles I think), came back and it had completely disappeared!

The next time we rang to see if they had the items we wanted, drove all the way there and they had gone and the last time we got to the checkouts (huge queue) and the fire alarms went off. We had to leave the building. Waited outside (in the assembly point, in the rain) for ¾ of an hour before giving up, getting in the car and going home. Never again!

:roll::lol::lol::lol: