migsy

Who has the heating on? *Autum 2011

The slankets will never darken my door! :lol:

Sorry to hear about the boiler Lesley - I take it that you still have hot water?

12 deg here now and no heating - I'm sat here (in the cold spot) under the stairs in my running gear plus a thin fleece - not cold at all. Rosie came in complaining of the cold but then she had wet hair after doing her life guard course.

told mr beach chick tonight - no heating til Dec 1!! he looked a bit :( but quite honestly no one else in this house but me thinks to put an extra jumper on, and I keep saying things like "no wonder you're all cold, you've not MOVED all day!"

whether we last til Dec 1 is another matter; pyjamas for me tonight and then collect the other bit of the duvet from the cleaners...

12 deg here again this morning but no heating on - it's 18deg inside which is plenty warm enough.

The builders working on a friend's house up the road knocked again this morning to deliver more timber off-cuts, the need to get sawing at the weekend is now urgent :shock::? although a lot of the pieces delivered today are of a size to fit in the stove without being cut, so I'll sort through it and stack those on my pile by the back door.... I may just light the stove tonight :D

I briefly contemplated putting the heating on this morning but then decided to do some housework instead and that warmed me up :lol:

Eldest daughter whinged when she got up that it was cold. This is the child who decided two days ago to wash her duvet but then didn't bother to take it out of the washing machine :roll: I pointed out to her that if she hung it over the bannisters to dry she might be warmer tonight :roll:

No heating on here yet. I do keep the bedroom windows open at night all year round unless it's really cold as I think it's good to keep the bedrooms a bit chillier. We have a fairly new boiler, a loft that is so insulted we can't use it as the insulation is above the joists, cavity wall insulation and all our windows and doors are double glazed. However I am sitting here now with a cardigan over my top and a wool blanket on my lap, plus the laptop on top of that. Laptops make quite good heaters :lol:

Our room stat is set to 18c and I leave the timer set for the radiators to come on all year round as I can't be bothered to change it in the Summer months.

The last few days I have started closing the living room french doors that I usually leave open so the dog can come and go as she pleases, but it really is a bit too chilly for that :?

You can have a wood burner without a chimney breast - they can be vented through an exterior flue. It goes out through the wall behind the stove and then up the outside wall, you don't get the warming of the room above as you do with a chimney breast but it still makes the room it's in very warm.

We recently stayed in a barn conversion with a tall beamed ceiling; their stove had a flue that went up and through the roof.

I have a confession to make :oops: . I put the heating on 5 minutes ago, just to make sure it works, then realised "I've put the heating on!" :lol: . Thought it was better to try it now than discover in a few weeks that it doesn't work! I'm letting it run for an hour then it's going off!

*dashes off to check water pressure levels and rads for air!*

No sorry ladies it just isn't cold enough, summer 2.5 tog quilt on the bed and it is still cosy at night . In short sleeved blouse and the sitting room window is open. Outside temp is 15 c indoor 22 c . My bedroom window will be open overnight as usual and dare i admit to wearing very little to bed.

The chooks are getting a little corn late afternoon just in case they get chilled, but for me ...not cold yet !!!

( I live in a 9 yr old house with very good insulation, walking up the stairs is like walking into an oven until well into November. )

Srictly speaking we have the heating on all year around as we have 2 heating systems. One has 3 radiators on it for the bathrooms only because the towel rails dry the towels, well it is cheaper than tumble drying the towels. The other heating sytem hasn't been on and we have ha no other heating source on. Mind you I'm sat with my laptop on my lap and the power supply under my legs, well it would be wasted heat otherwise.

My heating was on yesterday for a short while. But because the plumber had come to service the boiler and it was all his fault! He had to test it though so he was forgiven. Actually he was rather phoooowar!!!! Felt the urge for a cold shower when he left!!!! The upstairs radiators run off the water and so they are on all year, as Shirl says they dry the towels - well as long as the towels are on them and not chucked on the floor in the bathroom that DD uses. :roll:

The quilt has gone back on at night now, but last night was particularly chilly here. OH has to warm me up. He will shift further away, but he's not fallen out of bed yet but the only choice is to warm me up and get it over with anyway - mwahahaharrrrrrrr!!!