migsy

Who has the heating on? *Autum 2011

Got up this morning to find someone had switched off the bathroom storage heater :twisted: I am all for putting on extra layers of clothing and wear thermal underwear in the winter but I can't shower in my clothes, or maybe he wants me to and save on laundry powder and the energy used to get my clothes clean.

Brrr, poor you. I don't mind a cold bedroom but I have to have a warm bathroom and a warm, fluffy towel!

Annoyingly it has been milder today so bathroom heat hasn't been necessary but it was chilly in there at 5 am this morning. I suffer with Raynaulds (sp?) in my hands which can be very painful so I need to keep warm, OH doesn't seem to understand this :( Even on a warm summers day my hands can suddenly go white and numb. My GP has told me I must keep myself warm.

It has turned cooler now and I am refusing to light the stove or the open fire even though my fingers are at the moment purple, soon they will turn white. After supper I am taking myself off to bed with a hot water bottle, a book and a sneaky bar of chocolate :P

It has turned cooler now and I am refusing to light the stove or the open fire even though my fingers are at the moment purple, soon they will turn white. After supper I am taking myself off to bed with a hot water bottle, a book and a sneaky bar of chocolate :P

Now that sounds a lovely way to keep warm.

I am doing a heating test ATM, had to bleed two radiators upsatairs, my yorkies have just snuggled up in their bed in the kitchen which is next to the radiator , surley it isn't that cold today 17c out .

i can't see me leaving the heating on for an hour it is quite warm already , just the cloakroom radiator to check every where else is fine , boiler clicking on nicely.....time to turn it off ...35 min test . Roll on the cold stuff now i'm ready..

Heating I am :shock: I am still wearing shorts and T shirts okay I know I am at That age but still no heating on here YD has not as yet complained that penguins have been spotted on the landing outside her bedroom either :lol: No slankets or blankets in this household. Our house is predominantly made of wood and we had replacement windows fitted with solar glass as our windows are huge but we do face south which is a bonus when we lived in a trad brick house we constantly noticed the change in temp from room to room something we don't get in this house. No duvet here yet I still have the summer throw on too

Our solid fuel Rayburn has gone on today which means we will now sweat for a few days.(we live in a very rural windy location so when it first gets lit the cleanliness of the system means it just runs away with itself until an ash bed has developed)

The fact I have put it on probably means that the weather will now change and we'll have some more nice weather. That is what usually happens when I go to the trouble of cleaning it out and firing it up :wink:

I was in two minds whether to put it on as it is relatively mild out but as someone mentioned above its the damp in the air that I dont like because nothing dries and the windows get misty otherwise... so it had to go on.

On the plus side the oil used to heat our water will now be turned off and DH is secretly hoping that it means I'll wear less clothes :lol:

Edited by Guest

we have an automatic thermostat. its set at a certain temp and as soon as the house drops below that temp the heating kicks in. so not sure when it has kicked in. i think i will put the leccy blanket on when i change the bed sheets, also OH bought me a fluffy blanket couple of years ago to save on heating bills :oops:

Boiler was serviced today so it was on whilst he tested it. My F+E tank is overfilling I think, I keep getting a perpetual drip which is very irritating and makes the back door very hazardous when the cold sets in, he's testing it and coming back next week, just to see, even though I'm absolutely certain that's what it is, can't understand why he wouldn't just renew the washer or ballcock. Bloomin' central heating.

I think tonight is the night, I have a friend coming to stay tomorrow and I don't want her to feel that the house is cold.

I have never held out this long before, I've been helped by the very mild weather of course; I've had the woodburner lit in the evenings sometimes, and gone to bed with a hot water bottle, but NO heating! Last night was the first time that I felt really chilly, and I think the forecast is for rain and cooler temperatures this weekend. It will only be going on for an hour morning and evening for now, and I'll see how I get on.

I really feel the cold. :(

I've had the heating on in the evenings (from 8.00pm) for quite some time now and have just started to ramp up to heating on from 4-6 in the afternoon too. Next ramp up will be heating from 12.00 to 14.00 as well. Then there will be the ski socks over my normal socks and fingerless gloves (yes I wear them as I work :oops: ). After that it will be blanket over duvet, then dressing gown on in bed and bed socks and finally, dogs on the bed.

I have an hottle all year round :oops: except when daytime temperatures reach 30c +. I have even been known to sit with my feet in the gas oven :oops::oops: Think the gas and electricity companies lurve me . . . but I have not yet tried a hat in bed :lol:

I switched the storage and panel heaters on on 7th October. They were switched off on the 9th by he who shall remain nameless. To be honest I haven't noticed it being cold, I think I must be getting used to cooler temperatures. The stove has been lit in the evenings for about a week, I haven't lit the kitchen fire as it is just not needed. I haven't even shivered in the shower.