migsy

Who has the heating on? *Autum 2011

Had it on once, just to take the chill off,but off again now. We're on oil,so seeing the gauge go down makes me not want to switch it on as I can see how much is being used.

Have put a blanket on the bottom of the bed, & fleece throws on the sofas. Will just wear an extra layer and snuggly bed socks for a few more weeks.

We have........... :evil:

We had to have a new boiler and it was commissioned today - it was sooooo much fun to test the heating - Not!!

We have underfloor heating downstairs and 5 radiators upstairs, 2 downstairs and the heating was on for over an hour. We still have all the windows open, trying to cool it all down.

At least we'll be ready for the snow......coming soon........ :lol:

It as suddenly turned very cold here from yesterday evening. I was freezing when I went to bed, and have been cold all day, despite wrapping up and wearing my scarf indoors. I haven't put the heating on, but if it carries on like this I will be soon. I have however lit the tealights across the mantelpiece. Looks very pretty and feels almost Christmassy :D I just can't get over how hot it was Monday and how cold it has suddenly gone :(

I cannot believe that Scrooge himself, Mr Griffin, ordered me to turn the heating on this evening :shock: Normally he's the last one standing but not tonight! I've been making the kids put more layers on today, I even dug out my warmest socks. But no, he strides in from work at 8.30pm and says it has to go on! I've spent the rest of the evening baking in a silly summer dress :roll:

The heating isn't on here yet,but I can't help thinking how nice it would be,as our bathroom heater is a towel rail & that would mean lovely warm fluffy towels each morning,rather than damp ones :?

I think it will be on by the end of the week (although I have heard there is another heatwave coming!)

I have just come in from topping up the chooks feed and the weatherman says in a few weeks time we will be seeing -20c now i feel panicked as i don't want to be that cold not at all.

I don't have the heating on but i am wearing socks today and a long sleeved top , i may dig out a cardi or two.

I will have find my winter jacket , hats and gloves etc..

Bathroom storage heater warming up nicely :) Kitchen open fire burning brightly and drying the laundry on the Sheila Maid. Stove in the living room whomping away to the delight of the Cats and the dog.

The heat from the kitchen fire is warming up the front hall and the stove is keeping the back hall warm. I am going to try :? and light the kitchen fire in the morning instead of using the storage heater in there which is useless anyway. I will probably switch on the living room storage heater soon, just on a low setting to take the chill off the room until the stove is lit when I get home from work in the afternoons.

Bedroom panel heaters now on, timer set to come on for an hour in the morning and the same in the evening.

Heating this Cottage is complicated with so many different types of heating appliances :roll:

Our gas fire went on this evening for a couple of hours. We couldn't put the heating on if we wanted to because the plumber disconnected it more than 2 weeks ago. If he doesn't come Tuesday as per his latest promise I will be fuming! On the positive side it is supposed to be 20 degrees here tomorrow so we shouldn't need it.

Got up this morning to find someone had switched off the bathroom storage heater :twisted: I am all for putting on extra layers of clothing and wear thermal underwear in the winter but I can't shower in my clothes, or maybe he wants me to and save on laundry powder and the energy used to get my clothes clean.

Got up this morning to find someone had switched off the bathroom storage heater :twisted: I am all for putting on extra layers of clothing and wear thermal underwear in the winter but I can't shower in my clothes, or maybe he wants me to and save on laundry powder and the energy used to get my clothes clean.

Brrr, poor you. I don't mind a cold bedroom but I have to have a warm bathroom and a warm, fluffy towel!

Central heating on here :( OH usually moans about it being too hot and tells me to layer up. However, he came home a couple of nights ago complaining how cold it was and he put the heating on :shock: . I was worried he was getting manflu but he seems fine now :lol: