migsy

Who has the heating on? *Autum 2011

No, :notalk: heating is not going on here until 1 November if I can hold out!

I have lit the stove once already, and will do so again because I have so much free wood, but I'm not putting the central heating on, I have rugs, jumpers and hot-water bottles. I may not manage to last until November, but I've warned the cats that it won't be for another month at least!

I lit the kitchen fire on evening the bank holiday Monday, which I thought was mildly ironic! I've had to light it a couple of times since as the evenings are getting chillier, but yesterday I lit the woodburner in the afternoon and it's going again now. Mind you, it's blowing a hoolie with sideways rain outside ... and my dogs are very grateful! :lol:

Kitchen fire lit once last week when the temperature only reached 9c and it was wet and windy and miserable outside. The living room stove has been lit every evening for about a week. I don't think it will be too long before the storage heaters are switched on.

We are still using the Winter duvets which were put on the beds October 2010! I have been airing them every week outside but they really do need cleaning. Planning to do this next week when we will have to use the Summer duvets and extra blankets if we are cold.

No Summer here to speak of and I can probably count on one hand the number of days the temperature reached 20c or more. When I retire I am planning to move to Lands End.

I have the bedroom windows open most of the year Sarah - I only shut the bedroom one if it's minus double degrees outside.

I have my light winter duvet on Lucy - the feather and down one is reserved fro when it's really cold. I get them laundered when I swap them over then store them in the attic in the super bags that the cleaners supply.

I don't care!!! I have put it on for an hour now and did similar one day last week - seems to be enough to take the 'edge' off. I also lit the woodburner once. However, the aga in NOT :talk2hand: NOT going on until we come back from our hols at the end of October halfterm. We are going somewhere warm though - although we'll probably get a hurricane :lol:

No heating, we rarely use it, on yet. Not had the burner on either, but I have spent most of the day moving logs nearer the back door ready for when needed. Chimney sweep coming next week. But we do have the background heat of the Aga 24hrs a day, and its not been very cold yet TBH.

edited to add.. just been into annex MiL's heating in on!!!!!!

No heating on here but I've got my sheepskin slippers on. Have other things on as well I should add :lol::lol:

Chimney was swept the other week and am waiting for a price for a woodburner to be installed in the dining room.

Furry throws are on the settees and I'm going to join Lesley and get out the Slanket I bought cheap from Amazon in May. I don't care what I look like as long as I'm warm :lol::lol:

Oh, and we also have our bedroom window open all year round unless it's absolutely baltic and blowing a gale in the room.

Just given in today whilst working from home- fine when I'm moving about but not when stuck at the laptop for hours on end!

Same here. I do not have the upstairs radiators on though. My au pair is complaining about the cold although I have told her she needs more jumpers :wink::roll: so I have a little excuse for putting it on. In Hungary, where she is from, they do not have to pay fuel bills. I've told her that fuel is very expensive here.