Christian

Planning on getting a dog.....pic page 7!!

Aww Christian, i know just how you feel, when my parents come and take George he sits in the back just looking at me throught the window as they drive away, its all i can do to stop myself from running after the car shouting 'nooooo come back' :oops::lol: But i know he gets spoilt rotten there so it would be a shame for him to miss out :lol:

it is wierd without them though isnt it :(

:)

M & D came back today and I had one excited dog on my hands. His whole backside was shaking (as was his little tail) in excitement. He actually whined with pleasure at seeing me. It has been a while since someone did that :wink:

We went on a long walk for about 90 minutes (Mum and Dad were exhausted) and he is now in his basket sound asleep.

Back to Mum's tomorrow as I am off to work for 5 days :(:( Will see him on Tuesday though :D

Just wanted to join in as I am enjoying the thread so much too.

We got our Shih tzu puppy on 8th December and have had a baptism of fire (upset tummy, sick recently plus being sick and pooing in the car!!). Despite the fact we appear to be making no progress what so ever on the toilet training she is amazing.

Today was a milestone we took her for her first jaunt to town and then onto the local park with a friend and her dog. I was so scared letting her off but she played and played and played until she looked like she could walk no more. :anxious: Since we got in at 2 she has been curled up fast asleep. She is also SO filthy I may never let her out again :lol:

I was wondering though about water as she had so much exercise, do people take water with them and if so how? I was armed with treats poop bags etx but had not considered water

:lol: bless her!

You do really need to take water with you, especially if they are running around a lot. Mine will both drink from a water bottle with one of those sports tops if I squirt it in their mouths. Other folks who have hounds like mine will often take rehydration drinks with them as they are prone to run really hard and get badly dehydrated - it's like heat exhaustion in hoomans.

We use sport's top bottles for our lot too.....several dotted around the family as we have 3 :wink: just don't get theirs muddled up with yours :vom:

I'm sure Grandma & grandad will keep you up to date with Milo's little adventure......I bet you won't be able to resist calling home :wink: .....and will have a selection of photos on your phone too to share with friends & fellow pooch parents.....I'm so happy everything is going so well for you and the little chap Christian :clap: I honestly could not be without my hairy monsters now :D

He woke me up by scratching at the bedroom door this morning. He was desperate for the toilet. Clever lad. Just need to train him to do it at 7am not 2.45am and we have a well trained dog :wink::lol:

He's had his breakfast, so time to get dressed and take him for a long walk, before I get ready for work. I'll miss him, but he will have a great time at Mum's.

Awwww Christian he is gorgeous!!! Sorry it's taken me a while to post I have been in hospital and now recovering at home but haven't been taking much notice of the forum :roll: trust me to miss this.

He sounds like a little gem and I love his name!! Sounds like your totally smitten!! My yorkie burrows under the duvet too but leave her there :lol::oops:

I am really happy for you matey. X

Oh Christian, you've been had now, is it Rudyard Kipling that wrote "dont get a dog, they break your heart..."

I cant remember... but so true in so many ways. My mudhound is just the most lovely thing that walked the earth, and can do no wrong, (in my eyes) :roll::lol:

re the water thing, we use a sports bottle(marked up with indelible pen, her name, all over it!), and a dog bowl in the car. Nothing expensive there! Also handy for putting disgusting sandy/muddy ball in when finished with. Or car sickness....!

Well We are both back at home now :D Freezing cold and am preparing 2 hot water bottles for bed :shh::whistle:

Just 2 days off and I have loads to do, friends visiting, electrician fitting new kitchen lights, log delivery etc BUT will have a couple of really long walks, well wrapped up :D Can't wait.

He was very good at Mum's and slept all night, waking them around 7am :shock: He still has a dodgy tummy, but is fine in himself and running around like a loon when out on walks. Will call the vet for a chat tomorrow. He is now on half his usual kibble plus rice and white fish. :roll::lol:

He is also getting better with new people and not as shy 8) Turning into such a lovely dog :D The welcome I get when I come home is hysterical! He can barely contain himself!

Just a quick update on Milo (or Milo the Wonder dog - MWD - as my Niece calls him). :lol::lol:

He is doing brilliantly! He knows his name and will come back when called. He sits when food is involved, but not out on walks yet. Far too interested in the outdoor smells :roll: He has now settled well at Mum & Dad's when I drop him off and looks forward to my Nephew and Niece's visits. He loves playing with the children.

No more wetting in the house, apart from an incident on my newly changed bed :evil: Strange as he doesn't ever try to get on the bed. I am happy to leave him alone downstairs, but he can't be trusted upstairs alone yet. I think it is because the previous owner had cats and he can smell them in the carpet? Downstairs is all hard floors. Plan to change the caret upstairs eventually.

He is booked in for his little Op on Tuesday, plus his micro chipping. :( I'm sure he'll be fine :D

Like me, he doesn't really do breakfast :oops: and will take an hour or so to eat it all. However, come dinner time he eats the lot in one go. He is now on James Wellbeloved White fish and rice kibble and loves it. It smells like Billingsgate Fish market in my larder :vom: but it seems to be working and things are, erm, firmer now :wink:

He gets a walk around 9 ish for 40 minutes, but I try and vary the times in the morning. Same goes for his long walk in the afternoon - anytime from 1-4pm, so I am not a slave to his walks. He is a very content dog and just a joy to be around.

His nervousness around people is getting a lot better. He doesn't hide anymore :D and wants attention from everyone. Especially children. Having discovered the log pile next to my fire place, he takes great delight in grabbing a massive log and trying to run off with it. Dragging it along the floor and pounding in his lollopping way! He is just so funny to watch!

MILOLOG.jpg

Am so glad I got a dog! :D