chickencam

Call The Midwife* Spoiler alert page 3*

Have finished all 4 books. I found book 4 heavy going as less story and more stats etc. I was shocked that the flats Mr Collett lived in - in book where condemmed as an ex boyfriend (medical student ) lived in Alberta House on the Ilse of Dogs in the 1980's - they had no central heating but did have indoor bathroom. Obviously not condemmed. A patient warned me re moving into a street near Cable street (red light district in the book) she said it was a dodgey area - wasnt when I lived there - last programme tommorrow - Sunday evenings won;t be the same

... Ilse of Dogs in the 1980's - they had no central heating but did have indoor bathroom. Obviously not condemmed. ...

I lived on the Isle of Dogs 1979 - mid 1980's; you are quite right, no central heating - but that was not unusual at that time; indoor bathroom was a point of fact - but very utilitarian as opposed to aesthetic!!! Around that very same time, locally, people were considering moving to the newly developed "Milton Keynes"! Many did! It is my belief that the style of housing I inhabited at that time is still in use today. How far it has been brought into the 21st Centuary is an entirely different debate and one I cannot possibly comment on :wink: Simply one I relate to of that era.

No and no - several do but not out of wedlock and Chummy gets her man. One does leave midwifery. Jenny and Cynthia are now sadly deceased - doesnt say about Chummy and Trixie - in the Mail today an article on the actress who plays Trixie says they are trying to locate the real "Trixie" if she is still alive. Doesnt mention Chummy at all.

Triplets I only saw 2!!! Must have had a micro sleep :lol: Loved the bit where Chummy propositioned her man in her frumpy mack :lol: I bet they had a laugh filming that. The books are fairly explicite in parts - can;t quite get my head round nuns reading them. The nuns I worked with would have died of shock. I suspect they are more liberal and open minded today - I have 2 patients who are nuns and they are able to watch TV - seems anytime. I know one watches Doctors. I will go back and watch for the missing baby :lol: