millie

Have a bad feeling....hens missing

Ghana, Tigger and Florrie didnt come back last night from FR in field backing on to us, nothing yet today, DD is taking it well so far, Rocky hasnt stopped calling for them, bless him, not let him and Winnie out of run. Oh dear, think will have to look in field for left evidence. I know i prob shouldn't let them FR on their own, but touch wood everyone here seems to have been ok up until us last night.

Oh millie, I have my fingers X'd that they come home to Rocky's calls.

When a fox attacked mine in my garden a week ago today, 3 flew away to a safe place. I'm glad to say mine all came home before bedtime (theirs, not mine).

Fingers x'd for you x

Nothing, DD is holding it together at the mo (they are hers really). Again have closed cube and left run open. If its not persisting down tomorrow will go and look in my friends fields that join are garden (we have a small stream separating us), but that doesnt stop the girls hopping over. Not let poor Rocky or Winnie out to FR today :( Thanks for your kind words.x

Nothing, gutted, so is DD, she went looking in the fields today for feathers, but nothing. Hard to believe Mr Fox got Ghana, as she was a nervous soul, and flew off, or made a hell of a noise about anything different. I will have a good look in the fields tomorrow, and maybe if i dont find evidence of Mr Fox, i'll put a lost poster up in the post office..... Desperate here and clutching at straws. :cry:

Bless you all, and thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts. No, no snow, which is lucky really as i went in the fields this am, and right at the back of next doors garden, hidden in brambles was Ghanas feathers :vom: , i suppose she was sort of caged in, in a way surrounded by brambles. I also saw thin tracks of trampled down grass, my friend who owns the fields does have a dog, but i'm not sure if he comes down this far (the back of our house), would a dog use the same tracks, or is this the work of Mr Fox? Ghana would of been 1 in June, Tigger would have been 2 in May and i think florrie wasnt quite 1. DD seems to be hanging in there well, she is in bed at the moment with a bone acheing, nose streaming cold :( . I asked her if she would like a couple more, she just looked :( and shrugged her shoulders and said "i think Rocky would like a couple more ladies", anyway i thought i'd put my feelers out and called a good local breeder, she has nothing till the end of the month which gives us time to think.

Many Thanks Again

So, so sorry to read your discovery :(

As for dd, you say "bone-aching" cold ... are you sure it isn't a 'flu bug? Colds don't usually make your bones ache, but by golly 'flu can!

A month is a great thinking time-span; wishing you well with your final decision and I do hope your dd has a speedy recovery, both from her illness and her sad loss ((hugs))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my first two girls whilst away on holiday (sadly my chicken sitter didn't secure the outer door to the eglu run)....I had another friend search for them, but nothing at all was ever found... :( sending hugs and hoping your little one recovers from her nasty germ soon x