The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

Terrible, terrible winds here. I feel there have been more reports in the news of lesser storms!! The patio doors are flexing and the rain is lashing down. The lights have flickered too :( Trains in our area are cancelled.

My only hope is that it is supposed to move away quickly but then someone else will get it :(

I am staying in today but I will need to venture into the garden to let the girls out soon.

Very windy here, but not as bad as January 2012. I think you have got it worse Lolalayla.

I have let the girls out, well Carol came out the other 2 decided they would stay in, and been tightening up the electric fence but I will have to wait until it calms down to sort the fence out properly.

I hope your girls are ok Lola.

Whew things are quietening down a bit now thankfully but I seem to have lost the gate into the vegetable patch :( DD texted to let me know she got to work ok but said it was terrifying :shock: It has suddenly gone really dark and it is now hailing :(

Girls are ok thanks. Mainly staying in the run but Estelle my Silkie (of little brain) is attempting to hide under the holly bush. She should just give up and join the other two.

I all in the path of the storm stay safe, and down the east coast tonight with the tidal surge.

We had an amazing sunrise here too this morning, shame that we just know that it is a portent of bad weather.

I has got very dark here a few times this morning, but it quite bright and breezy at the moment.

I think the storm is at its peak here now! :shock: The wind is unbelievable & its now raining. I've got to give the piggies their din dins, but they are in bed, so I'm delaying it a bit. There are some weak conifer trees up where they are & I'm tempted to wear a hard had when I venture out to feed them. Last time one of them fell down! Why is the weather so terrible when hubby is out & I've got to keep my eye on stuff here? The wind scares me!

Please please stay indoors & stay safe everyone! Get a torch ready just incase the power goes!

Emma.x

Just been out to the post office in what I thought was a lull in the winds... I was mistaken :roll: Black as anything here now, windier than ever, and there were small trees down in the lanes about a mile away.

All the deer, sheep and goats are lying down. Only the cows re up, but it'd take a tank to move one of those Longhorns!

Conifers have shallow roots, Emma, so they're the first to come down when it's windy.

The winds kept me up all night last night! My rattling single glazing didn't like it one bit. It was so noisy I thought they were going to break! Woke up this morning to branches everywhere, nothing too bad in the streets around me, but all the trains are cancelled today and there's been some damage to cars.

On the plus side it snowed about an hour ago so I'm starting to feel very Christmas-y :D

Hope everyone on the East Coast will be okay this evening with the flood warnings, I've got a couple of friends in Edinburgh :pray: