The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

It rained steadily all night here & we thought that was it, then at 5.45am all Hell broke loose.

Very,very high winds,lightening.....it was pretty scary!

The power went off & has just come back on now, 3 hours later.

No damage that we can see, which is a relief.

Quite bright here now but was wild and windy last night. When I looked out of the window all seemed ok - apart from my hanging basket stand, it had fallen over.

Once I went to take the dog out though it was a different story, a couple of trees down in my road and a few down in the park too. :(

A bit of our car port was in next doors drive this am. Lots of branches on roads and had to do U turn on way to work as I think the road might have had a tree in it. Most patients turned up despite one road where a tree had landed on an empty car. Chickens ok - OH had predicted their feathers being blown off but all ok thank goodness.

We took a big hit last night here in North Wilts. Our WIR was lifted off its footings and over a 4ft fence into the field at the bottom of the garden. With it went the rabbit hutch (complete with rabbits) :shock: and a wheelie bin. Amazingly both rabbits are fine. :pray: Ducks and chooks were a little shocked but seem fine now. All are now residing in our conservatory, which smells like a farmyard :lol:

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/sarahgingell/media/photo14_zpseecf5721.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/sarahgingell/media/photo17_zps8834d5ba.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

:shock:

Glad all are ok. what a gorgeous cat :D

We are away in N Wales at the moment, haven't heard from my pet carers so I am hoping that all is well with my lot.

Unusual for us to travel up here and leave the bad weather behind. We have had some heavy showers and strong winds especially during Sunday.