The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

Snow for us Monday night. Roads were not too bad yesterday morning but it was obvious they hadn't been gritted. made for an interesting drive to work in places :anxious: I was kept awake last night by very noisy hail/sleet showers, it is raining now. 1deg at 6am.

It has got very dark and windy here too, we had the heavy rain and wind this morning too, just as DS came out of school for his 15 minute walk to his bus stop to come home to take his driving test. He was drenched when he got in. I stuck the heating on for an hour to dry him out before he had to go out. Thankfully the weather was better for his test, but there was quite a bit of glare from the sun on the wet roads, but he coped ok. :D

Going to light the wood burner now for my 2 fluffy moggies who are curled in tight balls in their beds in front of it. :roll:

What a day we have had and still having :shock: Monsoon type rain, sleety stuff and oh my word the wind :shock: Got home from work at lunch time to find wheelie bins far, far away across the fields. Several Onduline corrugated sheets from the Chicken run and wood store on the garden and driveway, good job no cars were parked on the drive. Slates off the Cottage roof, and glass out of the greenhouses. Struggled to keep upright while I was trying to tidy up the mess.