The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

I think we have the same as you - its been mild (around 18-20) and wet for a week or so. We are quite high on a hill so we have the novelty (to me) of cloud and mist descending so we can't see further than the edge of the garden, rather than the usual view which extends to about 10 miles away!

But the best thing of all is that there is grass everywhere particularly in the olive groves, the first we have seen since we moved. Its all new and soft and bright green; if I still had the chooks, they'd be in heaven 8)

Its been bright but very breezy here today but are we really in for the mother of all storms :think: ? Not sure if the Met office are over reacting a bit after the horror of the late 80's storm which they played down. :think:

We should be doing the school shoe run to Abingdon tomorrow but will take a view first thing. Our local forecast is promising heavy rain overnight but bright and showery thereafter. Either way it looks like being a damp half term :roll:

Just been to check on the chickens down the bottom of the garden and (fingers crossed) it seems really sheltered there. We have trees all around but they seem to be providing shelter rather than anything else. Of course, it could be the lull before the storm.... Let's hope it isn't as bad as they predict and there are no injuries or damage.

I am locking my hens into their Cube tonight, just in case.

I would hate the hen pen to take a hit & have my girls scattered all over the village :roll:

Today was ok actually - bright & very windy.

We shall see what tonight brings, but there are already reports of wind turbines being taken down by the gales in the west country :?