The Dogmother

The Weather Thread # 7

The weather here the last few days has been very warm for the time of year, my thermometer has recorded overnight temperatures for the last 2 nights of 9 degrees C :?

When I went down to the girls this morning it was like a spring morning with birds singing and doves cooing, and I'm sure I can hear the daffodils waking up :lol:

All seems very odd after last week.

Sounds like tomorrow is going to be pretty awful, yesterday was too with some biblical rain, but today has been lovely, bright, crisp and fresh. Typical I was stuck in an office all day today apart from half an hour at lunchtime, then in a stuffy school for an hour and a half, whereas tomorrow I have a day off. :roll:

It was like a washing machine on spin cycle here yesterday - howling gales and thrashing rain, trees down and stuff blowing around everywhere. The winds eased off around 9pm and the rain started in earnest; torrential rain when I went to bed.

It must have stopped soon after though as there's not too much standing water this morning. 2deg here and clear with wispy bits around the edges, so I saw a lovely sunrise as I drove to work. Forecast is for more mad weather over Christmas. :roll: