Cinnamon

Downton tonight! *May contain spoilers.

He is lord G's valet - in those times a visiting valet or ladies maid was called by the surname of the person they served, preceded by Mr,Mrs or Miss, depending on their marital status.

So Lord Gillinghams valet was called Mr Gillingham by the Downton staff when he was staying with them, but his real name is Green, & he is played by Nigel Harman.

Hope that makes sense!

Anyone notice Sybbie had been watching too much Teletubbies as she went "Eh-oh" when her dad knocked her toys over in the nursery when pretending there was a hurricane on the farm set. I wonder if they left that in deliberately. You would only pick this up if you had sat thro loads of Teletubbies - and I did - and mine are 17 and 12years old now. :lol:

I'm a big Downton fan but this series seems to be, well, a bit lacking. I don't even really know why as it is not that nothing is happening what with the rape and all that but . . . . Mary does irritate me a bit and I don't really find Branson convincing anymore which is a real shame. Perhaps I just miss O'Brien :? (Still love Maggie Smith).

All the same I would like it to take the family right through to post 2nd WW from a historical interest perspective. I find the changes in upstairs/downstairs (like people from 'downstairs' looking for jobs outside of 'service') quite fascinating and I'd love to see the General Strike etc. :)

It was in the letter and also Edith was at the doctor's in the previous episode. Poor old Lord Grantham, something gone wrong with the way he and her Ladyship brought up their daughers (for that time) if one runs off with the chauffeur and another gets pregnant outside marriage :shameonu:

And didn't Lady Mary sleep with some man in the very beginning who then died in her bed ?

Ooooh I love these spoilers, and they are for me here in the states. I am the type that will read the last chapter in a book and still enjoy reading the rest of the book. My daughter is none too happy with me for caving in and reading all these post. Now I can't wait until January comes around to watch this season. Sad to say but I will keep reading, hehe.

I found it deadly dull last night. I wish someone would put Mary on fast forward she is so monosyallable and droney. i was watching to see if Edith drunk the champers she was given a sure sign of being up the duff if she didnt - but the camera didnt show this. Shirley Maclaine is back for Christmas episode.

I was a bit puzzled about the valet who attacked Anna - I get that he died, but is the implication that Mr Bates went all the way down to London and back in a day to bump him off? Not sure how possible that would have been then? Or did he go to York (as he claimed) and organise for someone already in London to do it for him? Not the last we've heard of that, I suspect?