Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

14 hours ago, soapdragon said:

You made it to Harry Potter world? We tried to book but they were solid until Easter! We went to The Cotswold Wild Life Park instead and had to go back to the sloth's enclosure 4 times during the day as YS wanted to see if they had moved - doh! They hadn't - personally I think they were stuffed!

We did do the studios, and it was really busy too. Lots of school kids, French people and a load of Chinese on a bus. But I have midterm now and I think some of the French too.

Oooooh prettttyyyyy all in a row!  :clap:  Still only 3 ladies performing.  I have one that did but I think it was just that one - she's never crouched since!  Even Trigger is taking no notice.  As for the pekins, I have a very randy little Fudgebutt who races up for a crouch!  She gets a squiffle, but she's happy enough with that.  Curly isn't crouching either.  :roll:

• Like 1

On 2/26/2019 at 10:15 PM, soapdragon said:

You made it to Harry Potter world? We tried to book but they were solid until Easter! We went to The Cotswold Wild Life Park instead and had to go back to the sloth's enclosure 4 times during the day as YS wanted to see if they had moved - doh! They hadn't - personally I think they were stuffed!

My mom ordered tickets in October... So not strange that there aren’t any right now till Easter.

Got myself a bargain today.  Bought what the children refer to as a ‘granny chair’.  An old fashioned wooden rocking chair. Cost just £20 - far cheaper than the £250 one I wanted at the garden centre.  

Bought some very pale grey Cuprinol to repaint it so I have the option to use it outside and a brightly coloured cushion to offset the grey.  Would post a pic but my phone photo library isn’t cooperating 

Did a great ‘Granny’ impression in it today.  Wrapped in a shawl, blanket over my lap, crochet in my lap too and sound asleep.  

My excuse was that I’d narrowly avoided A&E yesterday morning after visiting the GP with my full blown ‘stroke-face’ - had gone for uncontrollable, bone jarring shaking. He decided based on my history that it probably wasn’t a stroke but didn’t know what it was so back on antivirals and steroids.   I promised to go to hospital if I got worse but didn’t when I blacked out later in the day so today I just rested a lot.  Still shaking but the long nap was nice.  Wish they’d give this a name and some working meds 

Edited by ajm200
  • Thanks 1

Oh crikey!  I'd go to A&E just in case as the doc is guessing!  They'd whip you in pronto and wired for sound in no time!

On the other hand - I love my rocking chair.  I use it when I'm playing with the treadle - good tummy exercise at the same time.  Then everyone likes to rock when they visit!  Head banging sedately!  LOL!  Enjoy while you can - the rest of your family will soon take over!  I always fancied a nice big porch with rocking chairs to sit and look at the garden.  Looking at the weather today - I'm glad it's indoors!

Hope you feel much better soon. xxx

I had a chair just like that 45 years ago. Bought it when we were in Canada, no family around and a brand new baby.  I loved that chair, but had to leave it behind when we left.  There’s something very comforting about a rocking chair.  Get better soon.  Hugs to you. 

Edited by Patricia W
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Patricia W said:

I had a chair just like that 45 years ago. Bought it when we were in Canada, no family around and a brand new baby.  I loved that chair, but had to leave it behind when we left.  There’s something very comforting about a rocking chair.  Get better soon.  Hugs to you. 

Mine came second hand from the FB Marketplace.  I set a £30 max budget and said yes to every one I saw until I found one that hadn’t been snapped up.  They vary in price in there from £20 to £120.

Got to get a second one as hubby who didn’t want one is sat in mine every time I want to sit down.

Maybe you should hunt out your own bargain 😊

• Thanks 1

Now the proud owner of a matching pair of rocking chairs.  Got a second FB bargain as hubby has taken root in the chair I bought for myself despite claiming he doesn’t need one.  Now have to paint two so will be kept out of mischief 

Can you see our surprise visitor?  Rare sight in an urban garden.   20 years living here and not seen one here before. 

Had a kingfisher on the fence once, a family of ducks wander through the car park and round our garden but this is a first.  If you can’t see it scroll down 

C32AE618-1A6E-4158-A76F-3E10C7F71C6E.jpeg

It’s a pheasant