Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

41 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Well girl, you be rockin'!

LOL - took me ages to find the pheasant!

Hubby couldn't see him in the tree.  I only spotted him as he landed.  Well camouflaged in the tree.  Wonder if he’d had a near miss on the road and was a bit shocked.  Sat there for around an hour before flying towards the forest over the road 

Edited by ajm200

19 minutes ago, Cat tails said:

We have tons of pheasants around here. Once almost ran one over on the bike path on my bicycle... the cheeky birds don’t even try and get away anymore when you walk by.

My husband’s parents do too.  They live in a village in Hampshire and have pheasants visiting their garden daily  

Handsome dude there Luvvy.

Loads here - cheeky ones jumping up on bird feeder (ladies - the boys brains are in their pantaloons).  This little madam was happily preening herself!  I love the snow tracks though - dragging his tail behind him!  Then the last one where he's landing and the tail is still fanned out.  

20181201_111653.jpg

20181016_103012.jpg

20190201_093841.jpg

20190203_092453.jpg

• Like 3

The pheasant came back today and landed on the lawn. He helped himself to the corn I’d scattered for the chickens.  They were not happy but there wasn’t a lot 6 little fluff ball bantams could do to scare a pheasant so they came  to the back door to protest to me.  Sadly my phone was upstairs so no photo

Edited by ajm200
Typing is rubbing

Private Neurologist booked for a week from today.  Hubby is paying as he’s worried about how rough I’ve been and how dismissive A&E were of the ongoing problems when I went there with my face paralysed.  Now with my voice gone completely too with no warning,  he wants answers.  My voice was working for one sentence, croaky for the next and gone by the third. Not back yet.  Fits the autoimmune disease that they tested for.

Just need it back as the kids are taking advantage and saying I can’t hear you whenever I try to ask them to do anything or tell them off.   Bet they’d hear do you want chocolate though! 

Sorry about the typing.  Siri can’t hear me either so can’t get the dictate function on the phone to work 🤪

Edited by ajm200

Lol at whingeing pekins.  They do let you know when they are displeased.

I had to look up grue - I could only think of Despicable Me!  So wow!  Awesome!

We have 3 feeding stations and the pheasants run back and forth between them all.  When we sit down for lunch the birds are usually having theirs so it's like watching a tennis match with the pheasants running one way and then the other because the goldfinches are so messy and turf bits out that they don't like - we did have a tray to catch the stray bits, but it gets wet and unpleasant, so the ground feeders can clean up now.

Ajm - I'm hearing more people have Hashimoto's immune disease.  I'd not known of it recently but yet another auto immune title - seems there are so many nowadays.  Or perhaps people were never diagnosed in the past.  

I have not had a good time the past 10 days in France.  However, I was unexpectedly in Nantes at lunchtime yesterday and stumbled on a park, with a lake, complete with lots of wild fowl and some FR chooks.  I very happily watched a pair of white crested black polands potter about in the blazing sun, then I saw another breed of cockeral walk very fast (comically) to where a spare white poland hen was wandering about.  He flew over the water to join her, but soon after the WC cockeral saw what the other cockeral was up to, so also he walked very fast to join them, spirited his white wife away and all 3 of them walked back to the original hen.  I really have missed my own flock and this cheered me up no end!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A while back the electricity man came to tell us about the work they were going to do to replace crumbling concrete pylons. Two things he was very surprised about. Firstly we had free-ranging chickens without any boundaries at all and secondly, that we lived in France all through the year, not just part-time like all the other English he had met.

• Like 1

Sapporo is a crazy city. Had a look around a fish market and I bought dried squid and scallops. The lady made me try the squid first and it was surprisingly tasty although quite chewy. I also bought dried squid which the bloke said is nice with beer 🍻 Here also is a man cooking oysters with a blow torch. 

IMG_20190320_163210.jpg

DSC00916.JPG

DSC00915.JPG