Lavenders_Blue

**Thread of little facts & things**....3

I just love that picture of the hills/mountains, the succession of ridges is very special to me.  Do post more of anything!  I am in contact with my new Japanese friend, who has just returned home for medical care and personal reasons, so I am feeling more tuned in with I used to be, to Japanese culture.  I am very certain your new grandson will learn to gurgle with delight very soon indeed!

• Like 1

I'm back home and sitting in the spring garden with a glass of sherry and warm sun. I love being away but I also love being home 🏡 It's weird that just a couple of days ago I was in an area of the deepest snow I have ever experienced. The snow banks on the sides of the roads are sometimes as high as lorries. My son said it's still snowing. The impressive thing is how life just goes on. Loads of people have snowplough and the variety of snow shovels is huge. On one day I thought we'd have to cancel our plans which were to visit an onsen at the top of a mountain but ES thought that was odd and we just drove there through incredible deep snow. I had been there in November and you could walk across a bridge, pass by a shrine and walk along a path to the onsen. They were completely hidden from sight by snow and all I could see was the steam rising out of a break in the snow. I could smell it of course! Very eggy. 

DSC01023-01.jpeg

Edited by patsylabrador
Forgot the picture
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Luvachicken said:

That looks so peaceful patsylabrador.

I imagined you being Monty Don, sitting in your spring garden then I realised you meant because it is spring - or do you really have lots of gardens like he does 😊

That sounds so lovely except that I'm a lazy gardener and struggle with one garden. I would just have a series of messy gardens. 

• Like 1

I would love to have Monty’s gardens, but I would need Monty to come with the package! Otherwise I would end up with exactly the same: many messy gardens...

Actually ordered some plants online and they arrived today. So have been busy planting! I think I must be too hopeful this will slow down and drown out the ground elder...

It’s nowhere as a lovely and amazing photo as your Patsy, but here is my spruced up garden.

24B4D91A-0A5E-4C2A-81A6-5008D982BF07.jpeg

Spent a lovely lazy afternoon at a local farm shop that we found by accident.  They have chickens in the garden, a play area for the kids, wonderful views, birds of prey overhead and deer running through the neighbouring field.  Was a lovely way to escape from the smoke and chaos of the local forest/heath fire walking distance from home.  Pics show the sky is a bit hazy but it had been a beautiful day with lovely clear skies until some muppet set light to the heath.   The deer where in the field behind the tractor until little kids spotted them and started squealing with excitement.  

28B74B87-02A8-437A-B151-F6EBEE97D5D9.jpeg

BBCD007E-4D2C-4B25-BE43-33B172994A26.jpeg

14204873-E797-4F19-9CB7-71F3A82DFF63.jpeg

They do dairy free cake too! 

• Like 1

Just now, Luvachicken said:

Beautiful views ajm.

I saw the heath fire on the local news, very sad that so much has been destroyed.

Where was the farm shop ?

Fernygrove Farm in Warfield.  Between Bracknell and Holyport.  They have a fb page but can’t seem to link it

The fire is the second one along the South Rd footpath in a few weeks.  Such a shame as the forest was just starting to really recover from the huge fire a few years ago