Chucky Mama

Omleteer help needed re wearing of cycle helmet

ES is at Uni in London and is trying to get his best friend to wear his cycle helmet. Despite 2 people being killed recently, one right outside their uni, he wont wear his helmet for fear of 'helmet hair'. Please like '100 likes and Russell will ware his helmet' I hope the settings allow you access to the page :anxious: I would love to get the 'likes' in the 1,000s - it could save a life 8)

Liked, tell him my hubby (very experienced cyclist) had a tumble from his bike this week, luckily just bruised and grazed but without the helmet he would have bashed his head in.

Tell him my son came off his bike on holiday in Italy (where it would have been lovely not to wear a helmet). He broke his collar bone but if he hadn't had a helmet on, I suspect he would have been dead or had a severe head injury.

I also know of someone who is a paraplegic due to coming off his bike. He'd also been knocked off a few years before and broken his hand but still refused to wear a helmet.

Liked.

Have liked it. My brother had a very close call by not wearing a helmet. A car pulled out of a junction in London and he went over the bonnet. He was quite battered and bruised and only broke his cheekbone. The driver drove off! He then went out and bought a helmet and as far as I know uses it all the time. Hope more people like this, as it is nearly at the 100 mark :D

Liked!

I'm quite sure I'd be toast if it wasn't for my helmet, came off into a huge rock!

Also when hubby slipped on ice and went over the handbars he ended up very bruised but OK, but I dread to think about if he hadn't been wearing a helmet.

How great is fab hair going to be for him in a coffin :roll:

DD wouldn't wear a helmet at uni, despite all her (professional) cyclist friends telling her to do so.

Then.......... a van pulled out in front of her causing her to fall of her bike. She had huge bruises - luckily not to her head - and she was really shaken up. She now wears a helmet. Most of the time! :x

If 100 likes get this young man to wear his helmet, I shall be supremely pleased. Especially for his parents!

When they were little it was no helmet no bike. ES came off his bike when about 6 and landed on his head. Without the helmet I think he'd have ended up in hospital or worse a morgue. His helmet was replaced pronto - slighty dented but taking no chances. when they are older like anything drugs, unsafe sex - they are a law to themselves. We have bred a vain, self obsessed generation. Can't you tell I am a mom of teenagers. :lol: