Ain't Nobody Here

My brother - it's over for good now

You may never know how karma gets your brother, but now it's done and dusted you can start living. On the other hand the nasty person who stole your hubby's bike may well be riding it and crash into your brother - how they both end up is up to you! :lol:

That would be karma indeed.

I'm glad things are over for you now.

Enjoy a fresh start and forget about him.

What do you think you'll do now? Do you think you could go No Contact? There's always some collateral damage with that as I have learned. Good luck with the future.

're your OH's bike I really wish people would just leave other people alone. The only consolation is that scummy people often lead most unpleasant lives - you live by the sword kind of thing.

No contact will be pretty easy - I've not set eyes on him for exactly 3 years (since I confronted him about mum's money) and he's ignored every email and text I've sent him (apart from one or two unpleasant responses.) He lives up in Nairn so there's no chance of bumping into him (thankfully). I have some contact with two of his kids and am in regular contact with his ex-wife (who shares my hatred of him, he treated her badly too). He's only visited mum twice since June so no danger of coming across him at the care home.

The next time I see him will be at mum's funeral, I suspect. That's if he doesn't tell everyone I wouldn't let him go because he thinks I might blow his cover in front of everyone (although almost everybody knows already :roll: ).

She hates it and moans constantly about being lonely and bored but refuses to take part in any activities :wall: . She falls out with people fairly regularly too. She constantly goes on about killing herself but this isn't anything new, she's being saying that for about 20 years :roll: .

It's all in her head - the nursing home is lovely, the staff are all great and her "fellow prisoners" (her description) are all very sweet.

On the plus side, it's great for me :lol: . I know she's safe, warm and fed properly and I don't get nearly the number of distressed calls that I used to.

Sadly this is a situation i come across very often, some people just refuse to attempt to mix and would rather be alone. Maybe one day she will be in a different frame of mind and give something a go.

In the meantime you've done the right thing in securing her safety and well being in a place you have confidence in and saved your own sanity to boot.

We never thought my gran would agree to go in a home as she called her warden controlled flat a care home and said we were monsters for making her move, she refused to integrate with her neighbours. Then she got convinced someone was breaking into her flat and moving things (her box of Christmas decorations was the last one) and then couldn't wait to move to the care home!

At every turn, my brother has lied, ignored me and my efforts in selling the house, failed to suffer any consequences or to even acknowledge his actions. He has now lied about the Lifetime Gifts he had (took) from my dad and even if I prove it with paperwork, it seems that both our legacies are affected. It's a complicated calculation which I can't get my head around.

So I've decided that the only thing sensible thing to do is give up, move on and try to eradicate him from my memory.

Except .... I have to confirm that I'm happy for the lawyers to proceed to conclude the matter and make the payments. I think that might take me quite some time :whistle: . I'm not in desperate need of the money but I suspect he is :twisted: .

:twisted: I used to be called Baldrick in a job I had years ago - can't quite remember why :lol: .

The lawyer is on holiday till 8th Dec so by the time she gets back into the swing of things, then Christmas, then New Year, then I'll have forgotten all about it .... then I'll need some time to think about it. Oh dear, it could take months :whistle: . We'll see how long it takes him to get in touch to ask where his £200k is :twisted: .

I just hope they actually need my agreement to wind up the estate. Otherwise it's all in vain :? .

My mum died in 2007 and left a clause in her will that I had two years to decide if I wanted to buy my brother and sister out of the house she left between the three of us. I had already discussed this with my mum and told her I would buy the house when the time came, but strangely I kept forgetting to tell the solicitor and left it until one year 363 days and then it took another year to go through and by the time as an executor I managed to sort everything out, my nasty sister had to wait nearly four years. My brother was in complete agreement with me and we had quite a chuckle that our sister would be fuming. I think when I received a letter from her solicitor that she 'had been left destitute' after mum died this helped me drag my heels more and make me determined to make her wait.

my father always said you can choose your friends but not your family and I am so grateful she is now out of my life. :dance:

Women after my own heart. Mine and OH's family make the Ewings (Dallas a TV programme of yrs ago for the babes on the forum) look like pussycats.

I made the mistake of saying to my aunt whose husband is still in hosp (see my fraught thread) that had so and so been in to see him. it appears they dont talk to them anymore and no one told me :roll: . I am wondering if when my aunt and uncle they pass away I will have any trouble as I am executar. OH's dad left everyone thing to 2 of his sons who looked after him and didnt bother with the other cos he'd married a wealthy woman and did sod all for him . Of course the brother was always pleading poverty so told OH to stop calling him.

My cousin (2nd) who passed away 3 yrs ago informed me many yrs back that she'd left me some jewellery and an ornament in her will. Her husabnd died suddenly last week. I suspect I wont ever see any of this stuff as it was second marriage for both and his daughter and my cousin didnt always see eye to eye. I would like a keepsake but am not holding my breath.

Weddings, funerals bring out the worse in humans - believe I know.

Sadly, my evil plan hasn't worked - I received my cheque today.

Although it was very nice to receive the money, it was spoiled somewhat by the knowledge that my brother has received 5 1/2 times the amount I got.

So I suppose that's the end of it. He's got away with theft and abuse of our vulnerable, elderly parents and has inherited a sizeable fortune on top of the sizeable fortune he'd already helped himself to.

I've got to let go and move on and try to take comfort from the fact that I haven't lied to, manipulated or stolen from my parents, unlike him, and I still take care of my mum, unlike him.

I'm glad it is all over for you now but sorry that he got the amount of money he did.

The one thing is that you'll know that you'll be happy, and like you say you never lied, cheated or stole, or manipulated.

Your brother on the other hand will never be happy because he is greedy and he DID lie, cheat, steal etc.

Sending you a big hug xx

You are well rid.

FREEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMM! :dance::dance::dance::dance:

Now your life really begins. Good riddance to the bad rubbish and you can hold your head high that you have behaved impeccably whilst he will be a miserable and lonely old man. Hurtful about the inheritance but you have to consider it was money well spent on your behalf to get rid of him. xxxxxx

Oh ANH, I am so sorry to read this. You can hold your head high, knowing that you have done your utmost to conduct yourself honourably in all of this. Although he has aquired a large some of money he has done so by lying and cheating. No good will come to him. I do believe that " what goes around comes around" and his benefits will only be passing. You never know what the future holds for him. Perhaps he will come back as a slug :lol: Wishing you a very happy day tomorrow :) Axx