Ain't Nobody Here

My brother - it's over for good now

The house has been valued, the particulars are ready but my brother isn't answering his mobile or responding to emails from the estate agent (who is phoning every day) :wall: .

His name's on the title deeds (not sure how or why :? ) so we can't proceed without his confirmation. I don't know what he's playing at, he's due to "inherit" well over £200,000 on the house sale. He has to pay the £700 fee for the home report up front, maybe he doesn't want to do that?

The house insurance might become an issue before too long and the nursing home aren't going to keep quiet for much longer, they've not been paid anything yet.

It's so frustrating :evil: . The garden is going to start resembling a jungle before long and I don't really want to have to fork out more cash to sort that out just because he's playing some kind of mind game.

It's a bit...pathetic, isn't it? Sometimes people who feel they have no control over their own lives grab on to any control or power they can, in an attempt to make themselves feel significant or important. He probably thinks he's making things difficult for you, in a bit of tit-for-tat because you prevented him (in his wibbly wobbly world) from collecting his things from the house.

I'm sure this won't be the last thing he does to put a spanner in the works

to you.

Sounds like he got in quick while you mum was easy to manipulate and get his name on the title. What an :silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced: man! Well he will be cutting off his nose to spite his face at that rate. The house will deteriorate and he won't be getting the amount he expects from it. Unless as he has the title, he'll just claim it for himself in any case. He doesn't really care what happens regarding your mum's position. What an :silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced::silenced: man - again!!!!

I don't know what you can do under those circumstances - perhaps citizens advice would help you find a way round things and perhaps funding by the council???

I know, his behaviour really doesn't make sense :? . I wonder if he doesn't have £700 to pay for the surveyor's report. It wouldn't surprise me if he's in debt now he doesn't have all the extra income he used to steal from mum.

As there's absolutely nothing I can do about that or about the funding for the nursing home, I'm just sitting back and waiting. I'm slightly worried that the nursing home parent company might ask mum to leave if they don't get some money soon but again, that's out of my control.

One piece of good news though, his girlfriend has dumped him :clap::lol::dance: . Took her long enough to see the light, silly woman.

Perhaps this is a little bit of karma. Let's hope there's lots more to come :pray: .

As the saying goes 'My karma just ran over my dogma'........ maybe this is a very rude awakening for him; you can but hope! And you are prob right about him not having the £700 but the nursing home would not just ask your mum to leave, surely? Are they aware of the situation?

Trouble is, it's a nationwide chain of care homes so I don't suppose they would care about individual circumstances :? . The manager of mum's home knows about the financial abuse but not about my brother delaying the sale of the house.

To be fair, no-one has been pestering me about the lack of payment yet but I've given her the name/number of the social worker who isn't doing what he's supposed to, so it's up to her to chase him.

Bit of progress - he has at last emailed the estate agent and has signed and posted one of the documents. He has still to approve the sale brochure though. He's off abroad for work for 3 weeks now so heaven knows if he'll do that or not :? .

He has had the gall to ask for confirmation that the home report fee of £700 will be split between him and mum :shock: . Has he forgotten that she has barely any money thanks to him and the thousands of pounds of lawyers fees he racked up, some of which she's only just stopped paying at £210 per month over 2 years?

At least the lawyers and estate agents can now see him for what he is and know that I've not been making it up :? .

He's such a keeper! :lol:
Said "Ooops, word censored!"ody ever :lol: .

At last he has signed/approved the things he needed to (after lots of prompting, according to the long-suffering estate agent). He said he would pay "part" of the bill today. Thankfully, the agent is happy to go ahead regardless of how much he pays and mum's share (which will depend on how much he does pay - so probably 90% :roll: ) will be tacked on to the fees.

So the For Sale sign should go up on Monday :dance: .

After 25 viewings over 3 weeks and almost everyone saying they love mum's house but either it needs too much spent on it or the noise from the bypass is too loud, I've made the decision to accept the only offer we've received. It's £15k under the asking price but he is a cash buyer and I can't risk rejecting it and not getting another offer. Also, the council would have to put a charging order on the house soon to pay the care home fees if we don't get a sale, which would cost mum money.

My brother has still made no contact with me but he has at least been responding to the estate agent. Surprisingly, he left the decision to me whether to accept the offer :shock: .

The offer is subject to the buyer getting a roof survey so it's not a done deal yet but fingers crossed :pray: .

We were due to complete on the house this Friday but my ignorant git of a brother failed to inform the lawyers that he'd be out of the country even though he knew the documents had to be signed :roll: . So it's having to be delayed till next week. Luckily for the buyers, they aren't planning on moving in on Friday. Just as well :roll: . And luckily, I haven't cancelled the house insurance yet, as we'll be liable right up to the handover date.

Still had not a single communication from him despite me single-handedly clearing and selling 'his' house for him :evil: .

Well, it's all over. A week late, thanks to that idiot :evil: . I've tried to submit a bill for all the hours I spent clearing the house but I'm not entitled to anything. So he just keeps on getting away with his unforgivable behaviour with not a single consequence :( . I've submitted details of the lifetime gifts he failed to disclose with regard to my dad's estate but I bet he'll get away with that too.

Karma did strike but in the wrong place unfortunately. OH had his £600 mountain bike stolen from his workplace on Wednesday evening :( . It was 6 years old but had had a lot of work done on it over the years :( .