Christian

The Weather Thread #9

1 hour ago, Minnie&Moose said:

It's raining really heavily here now, after a day of showers, drizzle and the odd clap of thunder and a few lovely sunny spells - crazy weather!

We ran into heavy rain just after leaving you, and ended up with really heavy hail again as we came back into town. Here are a few photos of the hail from earlier.

20200606_160626.jpg

20200606_161642.jpg

20200606_162012.jpg

• Haha 2

Absolute monsoon style downpour at lunchtime today. One and a third of my series of two water buts filled on Saturday, so yesterday I emptied a whole one into the pond. In an hour over lunchtime today the empty one filled along with all but the top 4 inches of the second one. It was so heavy it’s washed away a load of tarmac on the road outside our house!

Edited by mullethunter

Ditto.  This house is colder indoors than it is outdoors!  Misty today.  Watched the bands of stormy weather going up the country.  We just had a huge blob.  I think the swirly whirly has descended along the French coast and either we have another one or it's been pushed up and the swirly is now between the south west here and the south coast of Ireland.  Totally fed up with the erratic changes of weather - last week was shorts and skirt!  This week I'm jumpered up and my hands are still cold!

Very warm outside.  The blooming swirly centre is slap bang off Lands End!  So I expect rain will hit later - says 31% chance of storm.  Meh!  Go away had enough rain!  But as it is supposed to be nice in between I'm off up to The Killing Field to finish off my plantings and get more veg in.  I have run out of room in the greenhouse!

No rain for two weeks now and things are somewhat brown, with trees shedding leaves already. Bad news today is it will be HOT; 38C and full sunshine means we will have to water all the runs this morning. Due a repeat on Friday with thunderstorms in-between, so debris netting going back over the tomatoes. Sometimes I miss English weather.

You won't want to be here at the moment.  Tornado in Northampton on Friday and very iffy weather over the weekend.  Today is another tornado warning (Friday's warning was very misplaced as it was supposed to be on the south east side of the country) and this time north east of the Midlands, so possibly Herefordshire, Warwickshire and further up.  There have been storms overnight and seem to be mainly going up the Bristol Channel, so Weston and Cardiff, and even further east from there.  Tiverton again had storms - we had them on Friday too.  The rain overnight was heavy and the wind lashes it against the windows so very loud!  And it is still lashing down.  

Apparently the tourists arrived in hoards this weekend.  They haven't had much sun, probably no sleep in a caravan and I hope the tents are well tethered or they'll be blown to Gloucestershire!

ES and a friend are camping...we took them yesterday (just the next village but a lovely campsite) and we got the tents up in the dry but woke up this morning to heavy rain and soaked ground. It must have been pouring all night. They are there til 12 tomorrow so I have texted to ask if they want picking up then dropping back later. They had planned to walk....ES has brand new boots too!! It still feels muggy though........but there is a breeze so hopefully that will dry things up a bit. No doubt the garden will go nuts after this soaking!