Christian

The Weather Thread #9

All birds locked in today - apart from the evil twins, but they are still behind the electric fence with the eglu and run for shelter.  With the vixen and her hand maiden, I feel the low misty cloud is too much of a temptation to pounce on anything.  It is raining but a fine, steady flow - the breeze is picking up slightly as there was none before and I can see the sheep in the field at the bottom . . . just about.  The trees look fabulous at the moment!

Yes - indoor chores day.  I'm delaying cleaning the loos, so ooh another coffee?  I think so!  :lol:  Then after that session it is dusting and hoovering followed by ironing (maybe - jury is out on that - maybe my patchwork blocks oopsie my bad!) - washing being done already, although most of that is bonfire clothes from OH's pyromania session yesterday and my cleaning birds out and compost sessions which means no ironing that lot - reduced ironing session even better!

Fair amount of rain - certainly enough to soften the ground nicely for what’s coming tomorrow. Am going to plant out my beans in a minute.

Managed to avoid housework so far (been doing actual work all day today so far - have been splitting it morning and evening during the good weather) but I don’t think I’ll be able to put it off all week.

Sun has just appeared - don't know how long for it looks grey all around!  A welcome sight for the evening though.  The rain started about 4.30am, not too bad, just steady light rain.  It eased off after lunch and I let the birds out as the mist had lifted enough for me to see the trees beyond the ridge opposite.  

Walked in on a video conference call - thought his lordship was listening to a podcast or watching a video - and then it spoke to me!  YIKES!  Me in my rough cleaning clothes about to whinge about the Dyson!  She thought I'd been painting - yeah, before we moved here!  LOL!  Good job I was covered and not cleaning in the nuddy.  Not that I clean in the nuddy - if it's too hot then it doesn't get done!  Sooooo no more hoovering upstairs, finished cleaning the bathrooms and then did some sewing.  Oh the joys of wet days when I can reward myself with a little play between chores.  Oh and I finished the hoovering too.

Been raining here all day in one form or another. I was working indoors, so lit the stove after lunch as I had got cold - it was just 8deg at the highest.

Still, half the water butts are full and the beans are poking heir little necks through the soil :)

Here's a photo of Sunday's walk in the scorching sun, even late in the afternoon. You will see the lurchers walking obediently to heel as ever; they are far too cool for walking with their human, and besides I might blow their cover! the hedgerow and the tree have only really fleshed out with green this last week.

sunday.thumb.jpg.0d4e132f939f755bc903615f5c615d89.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

Another lovely lane.  

Another low cloud morning - rain imminent - I reckon Mullethunter has it already looking at the radar!

Yep - was very heavy just before we got up but nothing since. Just cold and windy. Off for our walk at lunchtime today though as it looks like more rain is coming later.

No mist this morning, just rain and the most threatening black clouds looming!  Picked my moment to let the birds out and got back in time.  Just saw sunshine and it lasted for less than a minute - one of those oooh that's nice followed by oh well moments.  Heavy and persistent rain now.  At least the wind isn't as strong as yesterday!

I had been emptying the water butts in the veg patch - watering the plants!  That gave us a chance to move the butts to better positions and refill.  Then we refilled the butts that had transferred the water over - it's like a water queue!  LOL!  But where we used the big tank at the side of the workshop, it is now full and even overflowing again!  The water overflowed from the greenhouse outside water butt and the ducks were having a whale of a time in the pouring rain and having a paddle in the flooded patch - a bit like half a moat!:roll:

Same happened to me this morning. Thought I'd take advantage of a break in the weather and get out whilst the sky was blue. The only blue thing 10 minutes out was my language - bloomin' chucked it down and, as I'm not yet up to full speed yet,I was soaked by the time I got home! April showers are a little late this year!