Christian

The Weather Thread #9

We've had sunshine, rain, and now more sunshine this morning - but the lambies don't mind for once. Boy lamb left on his final journey yesterday so I was able to let the ewe lambs (technically only lambs for 1 more day then they'll be hogs!) into a new field - that has some grass in it!  There was much skipping, jumping and racing around and then they settled down to the serious task of scoffing - turns out primrose flowers are a highly sort after delicacy!

Very hot here today - at 4pm, the temperature (in the sun) outside he back window was 30deg. It does get hot on that wall, but........ APRIL for goodness sakes. I am loving this weather, but we really need some rain soon.

Having said that, had a really lovely walk this evening with the dogs - shorts and vest top.

• Like 1

Big storm around Aylesbury!  One just started kicking off near Wisbech.  We have had a better day here - it was so hot yesterday - and while I could see the stormy clouds around, we've had nothing.  I could see the rain clouds lurking in the west - I think Dartmoor has rain and up to Bideford and stretching to a little bit of Cornwall - MH might have some - not sure.  As far as I can tell, rain is due on Saturday when it will be torrential.  But things change so perhaps Thursday/Friday then?

The yellow spots in the middle of the Spain / France border was us. Started spotting and gradually intensified over half an hour to a 15 minute downpour which stopped suddenly. Not much in the butts, but saves watering this morning. Might get a bit more late afternoon today and then that's all until next Sunday. About ½" in 4 weeks is not enough.

We had some light rain in the night, not enough to wake me though. It is still blowy this morning and 7deg, so a good deal cooler too. We were blessed with the lovely weather, but it's good to hacve change as it reminds us of the better stuff. I remember travelling in the Far East for a few months, and really missing cold rain and frosty mornings!

Dry as a bone here - OH got up around 4.30 and as the wind was sounding like the world's longest express train that woke me up at 3am, he closed the window!  It's still blowing a hoolie, no sun but lots of varying light grey clouds.  Interestingly the oaks are in leaf while the ashes are only just sprouting.

I could see the rain clouds lurking in the west - I think Dartmoor has rain and up to Bideford and stretching to a little bit of Cornwall - MH might have some - not sure.

Nope - nothing here. Did look like rain clouds as it was getting dark but nothing fell. Stuff blowing around in the wind woke me up in the night too.

Back to wall to wall sunshine here today after cloud yesterday but VERY windy and quite cold (at least compared to last week).

No rain here yet! Really hoping for a good drenching VERY soon! Just starting to harden off the dwarf peas so...veggie holkey cokey in, out, in, out! Poor things will be dizzy! My out of date (last year) pepper seeds have been sitting on the windowsill for a week with no show...not sure how much longer to give them? Managed to get a bag of compost from the fruit and veg shop in the village so feel confident I can pot things on.......the cucumbers are 'big' ones though whereas I normally buy the dwarf so not sure how much support they will need? All a bit of a muddle with a small patio and gravelled area by the kitchen window but I am really enjoying growing stuff again and it's probably good for mental health (even if I am exhorting the peppers to 'grow you numptys, grow' every time I walk past them!!!!!)

You would be surprised DM that changes so drastic are the normal here, from frost and thermals in the morning to teeshirt, shorts, sunscreen and a straw hat by 2.00pm. We were on a camping holiday in mid-France in September and woke to a hard frost and -2C, but by 10.00am it was 20C.

1 hour ago, Beantree said:

You would be surprised DM that changes so drastic are the normal here, from frost and thermals in the morning to teeshirt, shorts, sunscreen and a straw hat by 2.00pm. We were on a camping holiday in mid-France in September and woke to a hard frost and -2C, but by 10.00am it was 20C.

It's the same where my family comes from in Italy :) I quite like the difference in temperature.