Christian

The Weather Thread #9

Delighted to have water falling out of the sky. Apparently it is called rain. And about bl**dy time! I can hear the garden going 'slurp, slurp'! More and heavier forecast overnight so I will, sneakilly, put the bedroom window on the latch so that I can hear it belting! OH goes round the house shutting windows and turning up the heating. I follow him round opening windows and turning the thermostat down!

Both the FrenchTV weather forecasts said no rain until tomorrow, but it's been raining since dawn and it's raining now. 4" added to both of the 1000L water butts so far. Checked the soil in the veggie plot and it's only wet to 1" down, so still way too hard to till. But tomorrow is definitely heavy rain, overnight and into and Monday probably. Of course this then means the weeds will grow and so will the lawns, so next week will be busy.

Saw on the BBC this morning that the UK is sitting in a high pressure zone which means warm and dry for a week. Here it's raining again; 2" overnight filled the butts and anything else we don't want yet. They say we'll have rain until Thursday, by which time the grass will be too long to cut in one go.

1 hour ago, mullethunter said:

Brr. Cold today and no sun. No rain either though so worst of both worlds. I’d got used to warm sunshine.

It started like that here - quite chilly. The sun was out around 10am and it got quite hot again, really lovely day.

I am doing a lot of outdoor work - sunscreen , hat and parasol, but am still getting quite a tan.