Cat tails

Don't leave me this waaay!!!!

I was always taught that Politics, salaries and religion were a private matter and should't be discussed :lol::lol:

I am sick to death of the referendum, my FB is covered in it, with friends at each others throat over the whole thing. I don't trust the media at all. Everything is twisted and portrayed the way 'they' want you to read it. TV, newspapers, even my FB 'sponsored' feed is telling me to vote one way. It's my decision and I have voted. End of. :roll:

I was always taught that Politics, salaries and religion were a private matter and should't be discussed :lol::lol:

I am sick to death of the referendum, my FB is covered in it, with friends at each others throat over the whole thing. I don't trust the media at all. Everything is twisted and portrayed the way 'they' want you to read it. TV, newspapers, even my FB 'sponsored' feed is telling me to vote one way. It's my decision and I have voted. End of. :roll:

Well said that Man!

Work this week was a nightmare with customers asking me how I am voting & trying to get me into discussions about the pros & cons.

I don't think I have ever done so much nodding & smiling & shrugging in my life :roll::lol:

I decided a long time ago............no ones business but mine, & certainly not something I want to talk to a customer about :roll:

We are all going to vote later on.

My sister though, who lives in Greece, is not allowed to vote but other people from foreign countries who are not British are allowed to vote for something that in my opinion doesn't really concern them :?

Also other expats are allowed to vote :?

Now the conspiracy theorists are out and about! Claims that votes made in pencil could be rubbed out (on Facebook so it MUST be true then :wink::lol: ) Also claims that the result will be rigged if its clear it will be a leave........for goodness sake :roll:

:lol:

Just read someone urging people to laminate their ballot paper so that it cannot be torn up! I'm hoping it was a wind up :shock::roll:

Aren't all votes made in pencil? I've never seen a pen in a voting booth.

:? You don't get given the ballot paper till you're at the polling station ... are they suggesting you trot along with a laminator under your arm, plug it in ('I'm just waiting for this to heat up, won't be a moment') and then ... great image, but I think it's a wind-up! :lol:

if it's laminated surely that'd be counted as a spoiled ballot paper and yes you use a pencil you then put the ballot in a seal box through basically a letter box type slot which is then taken by the police ( or at least used to be ) to the assigned counting station were under the direction and supervision of the returning officer/s the ballot boxes are opened and the ballots are sorted and counted all sides of the election so to speck have a number of representatives as observers to make sure all is above board. the returning officers are answerable to the election commission and ultimately a judge if any wrong doings are found

Yes, portable laminators were suggested, there's a hashtag for it #butalsolaminate :lol:

:

I make no secret of my salary. Public sector, so anyone can look it up.

I sometimes do a money lesson with my students, were I show them my pay slip. :wink:

But I agree, these things can be sensitive.

I just saw a bloke on Dutch news who was asked what he voted. He hadn't yet as he came out the polling station. He was on his way home again to look over the arguments once more as he couldn't make up his mind. Bless him.

My sister though, who lives in Greece, is not allowed to vote but other people from foreign countries who are not British are allowed to vote for something that in my opinion doesn't really concern them :?

Also other expats are allowed to vote :?

She is able to vote if she has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years.

Only British and Irish citizens can vote, or Commonwealth citizens living in the UK.

I live abroad and was offered a postal vote or to vote by proxy :D

I think it's great that people, especially young people, are taking such an interest in the future of our country.

Just thought I would share this, courtesy of Facebook, of course;

That's why I urge all patriotic Brexiteers to use INVISIBLE INK for their ballots - lemon juice makes a very good invisible ink - that way MI5 will not be able to see your voting intentions so can not change them....

obviously some one who's never voted in the UK

Phew - Its nearly 10.00pm and the polls will be closed.....

OH called from The States this afternoon and says that it is all 'front page news' over there (he did a postal a few weeks back!) and, as soon as anyone hears his British accent, he gets quizzed in depth about his views!!!! (Although he does seem to get mistaken for an Australian on a regular basis for some odd reason - he has a very middle class British accent so not sure where the antipodean bit comes in!)

I voted with my heart today and feel a huge sense of relief that the actual jostling for votes by both sides is now over. No doubt there will be fall out whatever the result but at least there will be a descision one way or another.

Yay, whilst typing this the clock has ticked over beyond 10.00pm..................now for the next chapter :doh:

That was an amazingly close vote! Yes, big changes ahead....some maybe not for the best in the short term! I wonder what knock on effect it will have within the EU as a whole and if any other countries decide to hold a referendum :think:

I am working this morning and so looking forward to 4 hours alone with Radio 4 - interesting!