Chickabee

Changed chickens name

Have you ever changed the name of one of your girls? My Jasmine has been called Miss honey for 2 year. However since living in the stable, before bird flu, she makes a noise whenever she wants me. It's like dawgy, dawgy, dawgy. It's just stuck. She's now called dawg and if I'm looking for her I call dawgy and she's there. :D

Yes, I changed one of my girls names from Sylvia to Stella.... when I remembered after a couple of months of having Sylvia, that I already had a girl with the same name :oops:

In my defence, the original Sylvia was one of the pekins and they tend to be referred to as "the pekins" because they are a little gang in their own right.

New girl has kept the name Sylvia because it had stuck and the pekin is now Stella.

Did feel quite guilty though :roll:

I had lovely whimsical names all planned for my latest batch of ex-bats

Which I must confess I cannot recall at all.

Due to their antisocial behaviour, they immediately became collectively 'The Thugs' comprising Chief Thug, Deputy Thug, Thug and 'Pecked Hen'

ah well :lol:

I had lovely whimsical names all planned for my latest batch of ex-bats

Which I must confess I cannot recall at all.

Due to their antisocial behaviour, they immediately became collectively 'The Thugs' comprising Chief Thug, Deputy Thug, Thug and 'Pecked Hen'

ah well :lol:

Actually, now I've read that, you've reminded me that I had 2 particularly vicious girls who were renamed the 2 nasties :(

My other half has had a stroke and has difficulty with his memory for some things.

I eventually gave up trying to get him to learn Phyllis the Speckledy's name, he called her Timmy as she was timid when we got her so now that's officially her name.

I refuse to change the other chicken names though to his versions. Agatha the Speckled Sussex he calls Turkey, Agnes the Rhode Rock is Golden Neck and poor Clara the Araucana is called Bobblehead!! The only name he gets right is Brunhilde :lol:

I called one lot of ex-batties girls names from songs, so there was Lucy, Lola, Lady, Rhiannon, Rose and Roxanne. All well and good, but you could call Rhiannon till you were blue in the face, as she KNEW her name was Little Chicken :shock:.

Call "Little Chicken" and she would come, usually with her bestie Lola, so the name stuck. Bit embarrasing at the vets though :oops:

2 years ago I named a couple of our hatch after my friends children, Sasha and Larna. Sasha was really excited to know tha tthere was a achicken named after her; Larna was a baby, so had no idea. It was several weeks before Sasha (child) was able to come over and meet Sasha (chook).

In the meantime, Sasha (chook) turned out to be a boy. I knew how disappointed Sasha (child) was going to be, so we renamed Larna (chook) to Sasha.

Sasha (chook) took to the new name.

Cheyenne, Apache and Sioux were more frequently known as Annie, Patch and well Sioux sounded OK so that stayed. Tipsy was abbreviated to Tips, Squirt is often known as the lady dog from hell as she goes for our legs. Egg Lou's girls were Mercedes who was abbreviated to Sadie, Skye we still have and that's the same and Mini remained the same. The silky was also called Squirt so we called her Kitty because it was the nearest I'd get to having a cat! The more recent additions were Merry and Pippin - now abbreviated to Pip or normally "you stupid bird"!