mullethunter

London 22-03-17

Yes, I totally agree. It's felt a bit unreal, and I am beginning to hear about an attack on democracy, but those poor innocent people walking along a bridge, with lives ended or changed irrevocably, and the bravery and practicality of the police and NHS, those are the people I am thinking about.

From what I can gather so far there seems to be no clear responsibility on this. It could just be one lone madman trying to make a point. But however tight security is how on earth can you be ready for something so randomly evil?

As others have said, thoughts are with those victims and brave emergency service personnel.

I had planned on a trip to London with the boys during the Easter hols but now maybe we'll stick locally?

Came out of a meeting to this news; how dreadful, my thoughts are with all the innocent people caught up in it. Sounds as if the emergency services acted swiftly and did their jobs well - we really are so lucky to have them.

I lived and worked in London for 12 years, and was caught up in the IRA bombing in Knightsbridge in 1983 - I still remember the exact date and time of the bomb blast, that sort of thing never leaves you.

I was on Tower Bridge when it happened, it was strange. We had been walking along the South Bank and I'd taken a photo of the police boat moored up and then as we crossed Tower Bridge we heard it's siren and saw it zooming up to Westminster. I assumed it was a jumper but then all hell broke loose and emergency vehicles were racing past us and heading from every direction. There were too many so we guessed terrorism and then our kids started texting and phoning to say don't go to Westminster which is our preferred tube station and where we were heading. We changed our plans and got out quickly.

Around Tower Bridge was busy but calm, people just enjoying their day and it's uncomfortable to think of the horrible events that were happening just a short step away and if it wasn't for the sirens we'd have had no idea anything was happening at all.