soapdragon

Desperately Seeking Trousers!

OK, I am fully prepared to accept that I may be an odd shape (ie; long waisted, as I was told by an M and S assistant!)! I can live with that! But all I want is to find a style/make of casual trousers that fit properly ON THE WAIST! Sorry to shout but I simply don't understand why all casual trousers (jeans. cords, chinos etc) are now fitting around 2' below the natural waistline! I've tried a huge number of makes now (Next, M and S, TU, Fat Face, Seasalt - gulp....additional mortgage time! - amongst others) but just cannot seem to find a pair that sit on my natural waistline.Therefore I am  guarenteed a muffin top, no matter what and also they are uncomfortable when sitting (for me, any road!) 

I'd be really interested to find out if this is, indeed, a general trend or if it's just me! Equally, if any of you have found a comfy make please let me know - as you are all dotted around the country (and abroad!) I'd be interested to hear if there are any makes that I have missed out on trying!. For info I am 5ft 5' with a waist of 30' and hip of 37' (tho those last two measurements may well change in an upward direction over the Christmas period :oops:) I don't want to be ultra stylish (never my bag!) but would love to find some comfy cords for the winter and well fitting jeans - at the moment leggings are my mainstay but I'd like something thicker. I hate clothes shopping anyway so, if time spent in a fitting room can be cut down, I'd be happy!

Thank you peeps! I did venture into Oxford for the sales on Friday because ES suddenly decided that nothing fitted him any more (not surprising as he's grown AGAIN; age only just 14 and now  5ft 11'!) so, whilst he rummaged around in Next (success; jeans and shirt!!) I found a pair of jeans that fitted and were just £7; result! I also bought a pair of trousers in fat Face (thanks for that tip too!) which are good but I don't think I'd have paid the full price of £45 :shock:. I just hate the whole trying on thing....I think that is what really puts me off - its that horrible full length mirror combined with the harsh lighting, urgh!

Oh, and ES also got a polo shirt and jumper in Debenhams so at least he has something to wear now! 

• Like 1

M&S for me, although anything with zips and partial elastic waistbands are a no go for me - they had a habit of pulling at my back and I didn't want to keep taking ibuprofen just for the sake of a pair of trews!  So elasticated it is.  My gripe there is that I need longer lengths which are so hit and miss that I have to take an old pair that are the right length to match up.  Standard is too short with ankle swinging and long can be anything from 2 inches to 4 inches.  I also preferred cotton but now they are "cotton rich" and the cotton is now decreasing and the man made fibre is taking over.  Not good for someone with excessive static and a certain intolerance to nylon things!  I also found other places were either mmf or too short in the length.