Janty

Hello old friends

Hello. I used to be on here many years ago but had some health issues and ended up having a liver transplant just over a year ago. My girls are very old now and we've dwindled from 4 cubes, 4 eglus and 49 chickens to just 3 cubes and 7 chickens in a massive walk in run. It was 4 chickens but we adopted 3 more last week. Hi by has had to do the main work due to my restrictions after the transplant but its all going well. 

I just wondered how many of the old gang were still on here.

I can't ever imagine being without them. One of the surgeons said my cats, chickens and quail had to go. He got told straight. 

6 hours ago, Blackrocksrock said:

Welcome back - glad to hear you are doing better and glad to see you still have chooks!

• Like 1

Oh goodness you need something to keep you going,  always have a cat I will not be without one I dont think.   No more dogs - bit more of a tie and we have no chickens now.   Probably just as well as poorly husband for over a year so the cat keeps me going.   Quail eggs are so nice.

I remember you had lots of chickens.

Hey! Think I remember you building that massive Walk in Run and lots of concrete being poured, do you still have the same run?

Glad all the transplant went well, must have been a difficult time. 
All going well here, I graduated just over a year ago and loving life as a small animal vet :D 

Hi Janty!  Good to see you.  I remember your wonderful WIR very well.  I was green with envy- still am.  I too have had health issues, including a liver resection.  Not as dramatic as your transplant though!   Thank goodness for the NHS.  Yes, I was told animals were unhygienic by the liver doctors, but my lovely oncologist told me to ignore them.    So I have.  But down to 3 bantams now.  Only one laying.  Still undecided if I should restock.  Great to see you back.  It’s a bit quiet.   Omlet seems to be focussing more on the FB page Omlet Community Chicken keepers Forum.   And did you know our own DM is a FB star now?  

Hi Janty

glad to hear transplant went ok, I remember you having lots of chickens and quail. I am still waiting for my WIR promised to me by my husband many years ago 🙄 I am about to go out into the garden to shift more soil around to level the area for it so getting closer. 

Otherwise it is quite quiet here these days, Cinnamon is keeping those of us on Facebook uptodate with their amazing French barn conversion and as Lewis said above he's now qualified 😎 

Pleased you are keeping well now. I have just been a member of the club for about a year and do get into trouble off some of the other member, I have been told I am a mischief. Do not know if that is a norther word.Take care. Peter

Hi Janty, I do not remember you from distant pass , but I do remember you from about eighteen months ago, you posted and mentioned you were waiting for a transplant. My daughter also had transplant of liver in May last year in Kings and I often wondered if you had been lucky enough to get a chance. So pleased to hear all went well, it is a tough time.

• Thanks 1

Hello Janty!

i remember you and that we’d hoped to catch up while I was visiting my aunty in Lowestoft many years ago. 
it sounds like you’ve been through the wars and come out the other side:  strength and health to you!

I’ve not been on Omlet for years either.  This summer I raised my first incy hatched brood and came on for advice (I’m leaving it to a sound broody in future....never again). 

hello to the rest of you. 

• Like 1