Lesley

The Good Life......continued....

Funnily enough , we were discussing poor Trude on the way home with the vaccine :lol:

We managed to round them up eventually :roll: - usual farce when there are only two of you, and a dog that wants to play with the sheep :roll:

We did turn them - carefully - and used the under arm area. The good news is that three of the four who were with the ram appear to be pregnant, so I hope we didn't harm them :? The choice appears to be turn and vaccinate or dead from a clostridial disease......... :? As they all looked well, we didn't bother with the penicillin, just the vaccine.

Ours are neither tame nor wild. The two which were tame are the ones which have died.

I notice you had yours scanned Alex - is it expensive when you only have a few sheep? - we assumed it was but never checked....

Have you had any more arrivals yet? - I missed where you said you'd had a little arrival late at night/early in the morning! 8)

Lesley, could you get a dopler moniter? I have no idea how much they cost, but I used to use one as a Midwife to check the foetal heart rate, it would mean getting hold of the sheep first :? but you would hear if there were was a maternal beat and a different sound from a lamb (or

lambs :wink: )

Just a thought :?

Karen x

Hi Lesley

I notice you had yours scanned Alex - is it expensive when you only have a few sheep? - we assumed it was but never checked....

Unfortunately it is disproportionately expensive with just a few, like so much other stuff seems to be. We've only scanned twice, when we have failed to raddle the rams (once because he was wild and we couldn't catch him and this last time, because we weren't planning to breed but the ram lambs kept escaping into the ewes' field!).

Anyway we paid about £35 two years ago to have three done, and £60 this time to have thirteen scanned. Both occasions this was the minimum callout fee and would have covered loads more being done too.

The years we have had it done have been great because you know whether the ewe has done lambing after producing one, or if there's another one on its way, as well as knowing which ewes to feed up.

Have you had any more arrivals yet? - I missed where you said you'd had a little arrival late at night/early in the morning! Cool

Just one more so far, they seem reluctant to put in an appearance, must be the cold weather! Dot's Lamb

I guess yours aren't due for another two weeks or so are they, hopefully it'll be better weather by then!

Cheers

Alex

Hmmmmmm - that's why we chose to lamb in May last year......April was glorious....... and May was wet and windy :roll:

You have a little black lamb! - I'm so envious! We're hoping that Skye's daughter may have a black lamb. Skye was all black and the only black one we have left is old now........and she's going grey :lol:

Lesley - we missed Wellesbourne's Spring Show!!

It was on Saturday so I went to see what the competition would have been. OH reckons my lemon drizzle cake would have won hands down - the winning entry did look rather pale inside with a dark [burnt) top.

I'll keep a better eye out for the next one so we can clean up :wink:

New piggies today!!!!! :D:D:D

These are all from the same litter :shock: - a Berkshire / Large White cross

2008_0427Piggies20080001.jpg

Found the food!

2008_0427Piggies20080014.jpg

The Pig Dance!

2008_0427Piggies20080010.jpg

What's all this green stuff? - first time out.

2008_0427Piggies20080019.jpg

The little spotty one was runt of the litter - she's mine!! We only went for 6 piglets but this was a litter of 7.

They look lovely Lesley. Nice to see you today in our tellytubby outfits! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Im not sure that I really want an explanation for that statement martin :D

cathy

x

Bee keeping :roll:

oh :? how boring

I expected a much more interesting explanation than that

(cant you make something up :lol: )

cathy

x