Lesley

The Good Life......continued....

We only went for 6.... but how could anyone leave that little one behind!! :shock:

They would have had problems in homing her with the others who have just been weaned as they are all twice her size. We've never had a runt before - we'll just see how she gets on.

They will all go off to the abattoir before the clocks change in late October - it's not much fun keeping pigs after that. These piggies are all spoken for - some to forum members - as half pigs. As most of us like to name animals, even knowing their ultimate destination ( :oops: ) then these are going to have some very unusual double-barrelled names :roll::lol:

Somebody...... who shall remain nameless (for a while :lol: ) has called hers Maureen, and another has called hers George.......

Teletubbies :wink: - that's what I always describe myself as in a beekeeping suit! Martin has now joined the ranks and yesterday was the final part of the Stratford Beekeeprs course - an afternoon at the apiary. Rain was forecast all day for our area, but the weather was glorious all morning. We only just made it to the woods on time due to collecting the pigs after we'd planted potatoes ( :roll: - well, you can't miss weather like that!) We waited in the sunshine for any stragglers and then, all wearing our beesuits, we set off............. and the heavens opened :roll: Thunder , lightening, heavy rain....... the full works :roll: We were like drowned......Teletubbies :wink:

I'd almost dried when it was time to go back to the cars.... and the heavens opened again :( We drove home, got changed and went to settle the pigs into their new home as we'd left them in the trailer with water.....

There had only been a couple of showers at home according to my son and his girlfriend who had been looking after Jazz. We all went out and.......... the heavens opened.... thunder/lightening/heavy rain :roll::roll:

The pigs had a great time exploring, despite the rain. They had all been in and out of the arks but when Carl went to check later on, they'd all decided to sleep under the shelter :? Carl wanted to move them - 7 squealing pigs at 10pm?....... I didn't think so! :lol:

They are all well this morning - we'll try to tempt them into the ark tonight at dusk - we'll scatter feed in there and hope they then stay in for the night.

edit: PS - just seen you post Louise........ the pink ones will be first off to the abattoir! :lol:

Hi Lesley,

Had a few days away from the forum, been a bit busy so just caught up with this thread. Supposed to be doing on line returns instead of reading this!!

AWWWW! AWWWW!! AWWWWW!! :D:D:D

How exiting. So pleased you got your piggies. They are just lovley!

Hope you are enjoying them. Keep us posted on their progress.

Ours are twice the size they were and are getting used to being tickled. They love a good scratch now and go all gooey and fall over if you scratch them for a bit.

Persevere with touching them. They may well not be very keen to start with but they will get used to you and then it makes things easyer if you need to touch them for any reason.

TWO YEARS TODAY!!!!! :D:D:D8)

It is two years since we moved into the farm!!!! - I can't believe that it is that long :shock: It still feels like it was yesterday that we were struggling to sort out a bridging loan.... and wondering if we would ever make it......

.... and then sometimes, it feels as if we've been here forever........ :wink: