Lesley

The Good Life......continued....

Oh! - they're no secret........

Cissie and Ada

Evie and Bea

Dolly and Jean....... :D

I just want to wait and see which names suit them........... :D

Cissie, Ada, Dolly and Jean are definitely names for those with a fuller figure........ and Evie and Bea are names for those a bit more streamlined.......so I'll have to wait and see :lol:

Oh Lesley im so sorry to hear one of your girls didnt make it :(

You must not feel guilty about it - some chooks just dont make it, the rescue can be just way too stressful and an overload on their already tired minds and bodies. :(

I know its hard esp as you wanted to give the little chook a wonderful retirement but you gave her a chance of freedom and despite that she didnt have it for long she got to stretch her legs and wings and spend a little time in the sun before she went to the big coop in the sky.

There are millions of chooks who never see daylight let alone a beautiful farm like yours.

Sorry - my PC threw a big wobbly just after I'd posted.........

The remaining 5 are fine this morning. My worry is that although I saw them find the feed on Sunday, I've not seen any of them actually eat anything :? I know they are drinking.........but not eating. The feed level has not gone down in the feeders.

Should I try making it into a wet porridge type of feed?

Oh gosh Lesley. I'm so sorry.

I've just grabbed a few moments at work to catch up on the last 6 or so pages. What a time you've been having. I'm so sorry for all your troubles, it seem so very unfair.

Don't forget that you do such a good job in everything you do and have made a fantastic life for all on your farm, whether it's a day or a year, the animals have been lucky to meet you.

Some lovely photos from Martin too.

I do tend to keep up with this thread, even though I don't always have time to post. It's like our very own Archers in book form. I love reading it.

I think porridgey stuff sounds good. You could even chuck in a bit of natural yogurt?

I did read that on the info. sheet Martin - but our suppliers couldn't get any mash until Friday. They have had chick crumb and ground up pellets.

They were fine yesterday - we changed the feeder to a small trough and they were eating the feed well :D - I think they were totally bemused by the Grub :lol:

We called in at the abattoir to collect the three hoggets we took last week. We asked to book the cows in............... and they can't fit them in until May :shock: I wish I'd asked earlier now :x

Sorry, been away. Well done to Martin, Lesley and Clash for the hard work.

Martin - your girls looks lovely. Looking forward to the "before and after" pics in a few months.

Lesley - So sad that you lost one of your girls so soon :( , but as others have said, at least she died a "free" chicken!!! I hope your other girls do OK and you manage to sort out the feeding difficulties.

I so want some ex-batts, when I feel a bit more confident. :oops: