Lesley

The Good Life......continued....

:shock: - thank you! :?

Are you sure they're in focus? - I can't see well enough these days and so I use my camera as a point and shoot! :lol:

All that snow had gone by lunchtime as well - I'm so glad we got up at 7am. We had set the alarm for 8.30 to have a lie-in :roll:

Today it is like a summer's day out here - T Shirt weather. 8)

We have a poorly sheep :( - we think it might be twin lamb syndrome :(

We've made her comfortable and Carl has given her 5ml of penicillin. I'm waiting for the Vet now.The problem with only being a hobby farmer is that we have to wait because the bigger farmers depend on their lambs....... and we don't.

As we had a sheep die a few weeks ago then we will have to have a PM if this one dies so that we can sort out any potential problems. Poor little Isla - she's only 2 years old, the same as Keira who died earlier. The three older ewes are still strolling around, eating everything in sight :roll:

We are so close to lambing time - 3 - 15 May - and we were so looking forward to having tiny lambs around again.

She's died :( - all my oomph has gone.

We'll take her to the VLA for a post mortem to see whether there is anything we can do for the remaining ewes.

Oh no! - that means finding a Sheep Movement form - and I think we might have run out :?

We took her to the VLA which is in a village on the other side of Stratford. We had to give lots of history and info to the State Vet. and fill lots of forms in.

If it is something obvious then we may know this evening or tomorrow. If it is not clear then they will have to do more tests and wait a while.

We're back down to 6 ewes - 4 of which may be pregnant. We've moved them over to a different paddock just in case.

Interesting that they may be prone to TLD Louise. We must have been lucky last year as we didn't really have any problems with them.

We've been told by all sheep farmers we've met since moving here that sheep have only one aim in life....and that is to die :roll:

Sorry to hear of your news Lesley. It is so disheartening isn't it?

We had a "borrowed" herd of sheep when we first moved here, thinking it was something we may like to have at some stage. How wrong we were!

I can correct you:

Sheep have TWO aims in life:

One is to escape, the second is to die..... :roll::( .

Fingers crossed the verdict is nice and simple on cause of death.

Big hugs.