Lesley

The Good Life......continued....

Thank you all :D - we'd been discussing it a week ago....... and then forgot when it came to the actual day :shock:

It was a lovely evening and we took time to stand and look at just what we have done in those two years.....we're getting there in the tidying up, still a way to go, but unless we win the Lottery then it will just be a bit more of a slog to tidy it.

Lovely new fencing....... happy animals..... and I still haven't cleaned the windows :lol:

... and I still haven't cleaned the windows :lol:

We've never noticed Lesley :lol:

It's the forum's fault anyway - it's far more interesting than doing domestic chores ;)

A

xx

Just keep your computer screen clean Lesley, we can see everything quite well then! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I've just booked a window cleaner to do inside and out as a one-off :oops:

As a (nearly) new build when we moved in 2 years ago, the windows were filthy and also have putty and varnish on them as the people we bought from did all the 'finishing' themselves :roll:

Hands Off!!! she's mine....... :D:lol:

The main reason being that we need to sell pig sized pigs really - well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :lol:

It's all go this weekend - two of the ewes are showing signs of being pregnant - due dates would be 3rd to the 15th, so fingers crossed........ and the cows go off on Tuesday morning :? - tomorrow is going to be fun.......

We will set up the barn today to make it easier for us..... then tomorrow afternoon we will move the cows into a smaller section of the barn and then at dusk, we will put a small amount of feed into the stock trailer at the end of the cattle crush...... and move them round so that they have nowhere else to go.......

That is the theory anyway.... and we have bought cattle hurdles as they wrecked half of the sheep hurdles last time we tried to use those to contain them :roll:

We also need to plant the rest of the potatoes and set up the topper on the tractor so that Carl can cut the last area of grass that isn't under control yet this year. We've had the sheep mowing the strip up the middle between the paddocks but the fencing isn't good enough on one side of the land to put the sheep onto it for them to act as lawnmowers. We're hoping to sheep proof it eventually so that the two oldest ewes can earn their keep by lawn mowing :wink:

:lol: - and consequently, a lot of jobs are never done thoroughly :lol:

As long as no-one moves any furniture and finds all the dust bunnies :lol:

I've just been up to the sheep field - no lambs yet...... there is a posse of cats sitting at the front and a dog watching from her crate, but I went on my own.... we've had too few mornings where I could just stroll up to the top in Crocs and nightie :lol:

Carl is having a lie-in - anything that helps reduce his stress levels is fine by me :D