BeckyBoo

Foods I will shamelessly admit to liking.....

A slice of bread with strawberry jam spread over it and then slices of banana on top - yummy.

Also French toast with a generous squirting of Tate and Lyle's maple flavoured golden syrup.

At school I used to have sultana sandwiches and once my dad asked if I would like lemon curd or strawberry jam in my sandwich - I replied yes please. I had both fillings together - actually it wasn't that bad.

Green and Blacks choccy spread on toast.

This really is not a good thread for me to read in case I have the urge to try some other concoction that will not help with me losing weight! :D

Curry flavoured pot noodle (only curry flavour none of the others will do) and some awful cheapy mini rolls from Tescos - complete junk that costs 34p for 6 rolls - but only on a night shift ( they taste really good at 3am but awful at any other time). And don't mention the Jaffa Cakes, we had to ban them at work............we had some nasty scenes when someone had the audacity to have a Jaffa Cake from the office biccy tin, they are mine and mine alone.

ARGGGHHHH!!!! STOP IT!!!!!!

This is such a terrible thread for those of us trying to lose weight or maintain our weight loss!!!

There are so many new foods that I want to try now... Chocolate digestive with peanut butter..Cheese strings....fruit cake dipped in red wine

And so many blasts from the past that I want to re discover...Walnut whips..Butter scotch angel delight...crisps sandwichs....

Does anyone remember the frozen birdseye mousses you use to be able to get. I loved the buterscotch and toffee apple flavours that had the sauce in the bottom, why don't they make them anymore :cry: - they were yummy.

Oh butterscotch Angel Delight is a treat here (my mum started it after reading an article in her magazine, so we can blame her). It is called "Lucky Dip" whereby you chop up a Mars Bar and put it in the bottom of each bowl - treat size is best or divide a big one up. Put the butterscotch over the top. Sometimes I put choccy chips in the shape of a face for the kiddies. If you put a lot of milk in it makes a nice milkshake - any flavour.

Layers of strawberry jelly and strawberry Angel Delight topped with a cherry is nice, although DD loves squirty cream on top and then the cherry.

Why are my children skinny???? DS is a matchstick with the wood s"Ooops, word censored!"ed off! Thank goodness he has big feet otherwise he would slip down the drains when crossing roads.

My mum likes dipping honey sandwiches in her tea. :vom:

Laurmurf - you had a cunning plan - methinks lots of keyboards will have to be cleaned soon after all this!

Have any of you ever tried fairy bread?

Its an Aussie thing which they do for childrens parties.

You get white bread, cut off the crusts, butter it really well, then dip it butter side down into hundereds & thousands, Then you cut it into pretty shapes with a cookie cutter.

Its fantastic 8):P

Sarah!!!!!! :lol:

:roll: Not a food as such... but I loooove the taste of Woodwards Gripe Water! My mother rang the Dr. when I was little 'cos I drank a whole bottle about 56 years ago. Don't know if it still tastes as nice as I remember it from when my kids were little!

Jackiex

No, it doesn't Jackie.......they removed the alcohol :shock::roll:

Nutella and Peanut butter - 2 jars....1 spoon... :oops:

Cheese and Onion crisps and mustard sandwiches.......

.....and a couple of you will remember Virol - sister and I used to sneak into the pantry and steal that as well :shock:

Although I don't eat cakes etc I can't resist a spoonful of golden syrup when I am making flapjack (don't eat the flapjacks though)

Another one from my childhood is a spoonful of evaporated milk. My mum sometimes brings a tin of evap milk over just so she can see me steal a spoonful.

We rarely buy it ourselves.

Ready salted crisps I can eat anytime, any place - they are a staple part of my diet and have been since I was young....

Custard. I love it. :D

I always make an extra half pint so that I can eat it cold afterwards. Straight from the jug, with a wooden spoon.

I agree have done the shopping and came back with plain choc digestives and peanut butter :oops::shock:

Jen

my work here is done.....mwah ha ha! :twisted:

:drool:

No need to work on me for that one. It's already my favourite. Also Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

And failing that, peanut butter and chocolate spread sandwiches.

Also mashed potato with butter, and lots of it.