BeckyBoo

Foods I will shamelessly admit to liking.....

:D I am not the only person then with the banana, marmite on toast thing. I introduced ED to it too, she eats it as comfort food when thing are going a bit teenagery :lol:

I did a thread on marmite last year and when I mentioned this particular combo, there were no other takers, in fact I saw a lot of :vom::vom:

I also love hot brown or granary toast with loads of runny honey :drool:

I used to have mayo sarnies.

OH has returned from his trip and after trying pickled herring is now a convert. :vom:

Still, I never liked the thought of eel until we tried something in Yo Sushi that was yummy - and that was eel! Probably because I had seen them slithering around my nan's fridge yonks ago. :shock: They were in a plastic bag and not loose - that's what happens when you live near the Avon and a fisherman as a neighbour!

I have just caught up on about eight pages of this thread and have to say that there are some weird weird tastes out there!! I can think of some foods as being orgasmic but cold celery soup wouldn't be one of them! Sorry Egluntine!! I tried a crispy pancake for the first time for years the other day and it didn't do it for me I am afraid!

Foods that I love...

Mum's hotpot or meat and tattie pie smothered with Henderson's relish (which is a bit like Lea and Perrins only much nicer but sadly only available in the Sheffield area!)

Proper chips with Mayonnaise.

Proper chips with gravy (My family look at me with comlete horror when I do this!)

[bTW, ED had a friend over for tea and I did proper chips and she asked what they were made out of!!)

Chip Butty (Those of you who have not indlged - you are so-o-o missing out!)

Bread and dripping.

Cold Yorkshire Pudding and Beef sandwich.

Pink Shrimps and/or foam bananas.

Cold Baked Beans (only Heinz!)

That'll probably do for now!

My OH being a northern lad loves chips and gravy, not something the chippys around here serve. I can't say that I am with him on this one, not to keen on soggy chips.

We went to visit the Irish branch of the family just before xmas. Took the granddaughters out to lunch - the younger one ordered the roast chicken which I, not unreasonably, thought would come with veg and the gravy poured over it. It came with chips and a ramekin of gravy :| Granddaughter proceeded to dip her chips in it and then drank the leftover gravy :shock:

I wondered what the puddle on the floor was ... it was Christian drooling again. :lol:;)

I have never tried mopping up my left over gravy with a piece of bread I will try that.. :lol:

My husband eats roasts with no gravy, as does one of my sons, the other is gravy mad like me, I have converted him to veggie gravy without him knowing it now though.. :shh::shh::shh: