Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

Redcurrants, more redcurrants and even more redcurrants.......thousands of redcurrants, in fact :lol: plus new potatoes, peas, gooseberries and a strawberry.......yes, just one :lol: . The rainbow chard is just about over and done with so the plants have come home from the lottie for the chickens who have gone mad for them!

My girls love chard and spinach, I have a row of spinach that hasn't really got going and is about to bolt, I will let it run to seed for them :lol:

I had my first small white turnip yesterday and lovely it was too :D We are still eating broadbeans I think that the family will be glad to see the back of them :lol:

I will be picking later strawberries, raspberries, radishes and a few peas for tea later oh and courgettes, mine are really getting going :roll:

Yesterday, after the whingeing I got from OH, I picked 2 sungolds, but he wanted to wait because he had just cleaned his teeth. By the time he remembered, there were two little green stalks left. DD scoffed them both. Boy was he really miffed then! :lol: So this morning I found 6 ripe ones and they are still waiting to be eaten. Actually I think I'll have a couple. Hmmmm, yummy. So they are ripening faster now. Just waiting for the big ones to do the same.

25 massive over wintering onions (only about 150 left :shock::lol: ), a row of garlic about a dozen bulbs, the first courgette of this years onslaught, some brocolli, half a dozen tiny strawberries and a few baby carrots.

I am going to knock a massive batch of chinese curry paste using the onions and the garlic and for the freezer.

I think I will need to harvest the rest of the onions soon, not sure how long they will keep though :think:

kev.

The over wintering ones don't keep as well but they should keep well into the winter I would think.

I have just picked 5 courgettes 3 of which were pretty big, they had doubled in size since yesterday when I forgot to pick them :shock: Just fried them up HFW style and had some on toast for lunch, yummmmy.

Toms (well, OH got his revenge and went picking and munching in the greenhouse), 2 pea pods for testers (sharing one each this time) and they were really sweet. I told OH that I would be saving the rest for seed - he wasn't impressed. This is the Heritage seed "Robinson" and it is very much like Gladstone. Fortunately the Gladstones are going great guns and the first pickings of those will be very soon. I have more Gladstones growing and another in the greenhouse ready to plant out. This year I am hoping for a nice succession of peas with enough to save for next year. Finally the garlic has been lifted and drying in the greenhouse ready to store. Some are huge and others much smaller. For the diddy ones I will either use in baked veggies, or baking the toms to freeze or for Christian's brilliant fly spray.

We're picking....

peas, carrots, broad beans, onions, potatoes, first two tomatoes, 4 artichokes and PSB.

.....strawberries, raspberries, gooseberries, red/black/white currants, cranberries and pounds of cherries :shock: - a bumper crop of cherries this year!

We had some peas, our first pickings of dwarf beans (Speedy) and some broad beans mixed together and eaten raw. Actually it would have been better to have cooked the dwarf beans as their flavour was a little strong. Sometimes raw beans are lovely and sweet. Oh well, never mind - just not this variety. Ooh and more toms.