Cinnamon

What have you picked today?

I have never had any success with pak-choi, we have some seedings at the moment so here's hoping.

Today I have picked :-

a bowl full of Rocket potatoes, the last ones, they don't have the best flavour but they are so early so we always grow a few.

2.5kg of strawberries from a double row about 25ft long, there are plenty more to come too, I may even have some for the start of Wimbledon, they are normally over by then. :D

a carrier bag full of broadbeans, pretty much the last of our autumn sown ones.

A few raspberries and some asparagus. :D

It took me nearly 2 hours with a bit of weeding along the way. :shock:

a few radishes and loads of lettuce. my lettuces have gone mad this year, they are in a raised bed that got topped up with homemade compost which has a high chicken poop content :D

:lol::lol::lol: yes, my lettuce has gone crazy under the same conditions.

I picked a lovely bowlful of mixed leaves today.

We have lettuce overload as well! :lol:

I dashed to pick strawberries yesterday and had been keeping an eye on the raspberries - we have earlies, mids and autumn - I'd looked at the earlies at the beginning of the row and they won't be ready for a week or so yet.....

I took a quick look at the 'autumn' end of the row and it was covered with ripe raspberries :shock::shock: - I picked a bowlful - or, what would have been a bowlful except they went straight in my mouth!!

Broad beans and I am ashamed to say I spotted a ripe Sungold hiding under a leaf, so I pigged it before OH saw it. Didn't share - s'mine all mine - mwahaha! I did tell him a short while ago and he was rather miffed I didn't cut it in half - I did rub it in a bit. :twisted:

Last night I found 8 ripe strawberries and a hand full of ripe raspberries. I remembered that I had an experimental 'Ice Cream' in the freezer so we had an instant pud, and very nice it was too.

The 'Ice Cream' was only surplus custard & whipping cream mixture I'd made for a triffle when we had the last spell of hot weather a few weeks back. Just spooned it into a shallow enamel dish covered in foil and popped it into the freezer.

Also still picking huge Salad Bowl lettuces from our 'Chicken poo enhanced salad bed' :D

Christine

More bloomin' Pak Choi.

I am seriously fed up of the stuff now :roll::lol:

If I ever say that I am sowing it again,someone slap me with a wet haddock,please.

I have never had any luck trying to grow it, what was your secret? Mine always bolts when it only a couple of inches high :?

More bloomin' Pak Choi.

I am seriously fed up of the stuff now :roll::lol:

If I ever say that I am sowing it again,someone slap me with a wet haddock,please.

I have never had any luck trying to grow it, what was your secret? Mine always bolts when it only a couple of inches high :?

Goodness knows :roll::lol:

I shouldn't complain really should I - the hens love the ends & outer bits too 8)

I am just a bit stir-fried out at the moment :roll::lol:

some radishes which were only planted about 3 or 4 weeks ago. The only decent radishes that i have grown over the years have come out of B&Q value packs :D

My first few peas and baby carrots to go with my salad tonight.

2 small courgettes which I have roasted for pasta salad, they are coming thick and fast :roll::D

A punnet of lovely big raspberries and another ice cream tub of strawberries :D

Last night we had bacon and red onion quiche made with eggs from our chickens, a salad made with mixed leaves from the vegetable patch, minted new potatoes with home grown mint and homegrown strawberries with a dollop of cream - I love Summer! :dance: