vikpow

What do you do for a living?

Well my job title is Senior Nursery Assistant working with children 2-4 years old 8)8)8)8)

I am also mum to two boys, taxi driver, personal shopper for said boys, :roll:

I am looking to change my job though to work as learning support in a school as I feel that would be much more challenging/rewarding.. so I might have to edit this in the future.. :lol:

Up to July, I was a Learning Support Assistant at a primary school for 7 years for a child with Downs Syndrome. She's just left to go to a special needs school, so I thought I'd go for a change as working with another child would not be the same.

So as of next week I go back to school on the admin side, working with the Bursar for 2 days a week and the following week I start a year's post-grad course at the local university (3 days a week) to get my Early Years Professional Status (EYPS) qualification. It's half a term at college, then the other half gaining experience in an early years setting, covering working with 0-5 year olds.

So it's all change and a bit on the scary side! :anxious:

I worked in banking for about 2 years then telecoms for about 18 years or so, I saw (and worked on) an awful lot of changes in telecoms, it's amazing how far we've come in the comms industry. I started off dealing with POTS, and ended up in PANS telecoms and when I gave up worki, I was working in Broadband and have done everything in btwn. However my health took a turn, so I'm now a kept woman. The only pots and pans I see nowadays are in the kitchen and I like it that way! ;)

Edited by Guest

Hope something turns up soon for you Kev :( I'm sure it will! :D

I'm another nurse - self employed Occupational Health Nurse, so I work for whoever wants me. Very interesting as I've worked for all kinds of companies (my current company is taking me out driving an artic next week - are you listening A chickychickychick-ENN!!?).

But I wear two hats - I'm also a self employed Seamstress/Craftswoman. That sounds very grand for someone who knocks out bags in her spare time :lol: