Lesley

What have you cooked today?

When I make cauliflower cheese, I usually add broccoli as my DS doesn't like cauli but will tolerate a bit of broccoli :roll: or I cook some pasta and have half cauliflower cheese and half pasta and cheese :D

Earlier this week I made my first ever Battenburg cake! It looked and tasted really nice and the kids loved having it in their lunch boxes. Got the recipe from the great British beak off book which was £5 in WHSmiths a week ago. Going to try the coffee and walnut cake next, but will use pecans instead as that's what I have and they are a similar texture :D

I also made a carrot soup yesterday - but only because I bought a kg for 35 cents - thats about 30p :D

Today's delight is stuffed cabbage leaves (minced pork and beef and leftover cooked rice plus assorted spicy flavourings). I wanted to serve these with pickled red cabbage but OH drew the line at 2 colours of cabbage on the plate :lol:

Yesterday we had leftover beef curry (delish) with bombay potatoes (too much of a curry good thing in hindsight) :lol:

Tonight we are having a salmon trout (can't remember the last time I saw these for sale in the UK, but they are quite common here) with baked potato and a green veg.

I wanted to have the 'spare' Xmas pud which apparently needs eating by the EO Feb for pudding as the incessant rain means we need cheering and warming up, however, I realise I am unable to eat it without cream or custard or brandy butter and as we have none in it means a trip to a shop which isn't happening today :(

And I'll be making a veg soup in a minute to keep the gloom and cold out :D

WOW :shock: Amazing bargains for delicious ingredients :D

Last night we had chicken (I thought I'd bought 2 legs, but got it home to discover it was half a bird so out with the cleaver) simply roasted with baked potato and the first lettuce (not mine) dressed with neighbour's olive oil.

Tonight I'm making a meatloaf with pork and beef, I think I'll wheel the lettuce out again and some sliced roast potatoes.

Every day we get through about 4 oranges and the same number of tangerines - the latter are off our tree 8)