Lesley

What have you cooked today?

Made Mary Berry's shepherd's pie and chocolate fudge cake yesterday and then spag bol for 8 people. Made nothing today as went to BBC good food show where I saw Shelina from Masterchef and she kindly signed her book for me and Paul Hollywood who is a lot better than on TV and the lovely lovely Mary Berry all doing cookery demos. Tasted loads of food, lots of cheese and preserves, chocolate and then a wine tasting class. :D

Someone else must have done some baking since last Sunday!!!

I baked a loaf of white bread today. Paul Hollywoods recipe in which I did just over half the amount of salt he said and it was still too salty :( Tomorrow I will be baking large double chocolate chip cookies for ED to take to her friends and a couple of Guinness cakes, one for me and one for my friend whose birthday it is on Tuesday and she is rather partial to this particular cake :D

We made a delicious boeuf bourguignon yesterday, ED was home from uni and we wanted something that we could prepare early and would then look after itself, so that we could spend precious time with her. It was really tasty and we served it with mash and loads of sprouts, we bought a 5kg bag from local green grocer for £3.50 :shock: we all love sprouts, although you probably don't want to be in our company today :wink::lol:

Not today but only just getting around to uploading a picture because I haven't a clue how to do it from my ipad.

I baked this cake for YD's birthday last week.

Not difficult to decorate but looked good I think. I even watched youtube video on how to tie bows because I have always been hopless at them. :oops:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1441183_515071708589406_1194795287_n.jpg

Actually not sure this is going to work, trying to copy link from facebook because I don't have the photo on the laptop need to ask OH to download from his phone. I will try if not I will try again later.

Works for me but may not for non facebook people because of my privacy setting we will have to see. :roll:

Looks extremely delicious and whats more there is enough room for one malteser per year for my age (I've counted) :lol:

I've been travelling and banned from kitchens (except I've been allowed to peel a few vegetables and cut them up), although one of the nicest things I've eaten has been SIL's left-over-guinea-fowl-casserole, but tonight we are cooking rib-eye steak, sliced potatoes cooked in oil in the oven, carrots and broccoli :D Not much skill involved, but hopefully very tasty :D

Finally got my fruit soaking ready to bake my Delia Christmas cake to tomorrow. My OH made Mary Berry's Christmas cake last Sunday and then in typical Bake Off style dropped it when he took it out of the oven. I was very good and didn't laugh, I helped him scoop it up off the top of his slipper and amazingly it looks like it survived the experience and he didn't lose his temper which he would have done a few years back. We just won't tell anyone what the fluffy bits are :wink::lol:

Sounds both properly frugal and very tasty, can't go wrong with pasta and cheese.

We did a large beef pot roast on Sunday, have had two lots of sandwiches and a stir fry so far from the left overs, and there is still enough left for at least one more meal and more sandwiches. That is 6 meals for 4 people, 24 meals the meat cost £9 so I make that 37.5p per meal, not bad at all, can't be more than 50p by the time you add veg, energy to cook and the bread for sarnies. :D

Cooked some Broccoli by roasting it, as I had kept reading about it. Divine! How have I not encountered this before?

Break broccoli into even sized florets.

Coat with olive oil, chopped or minced garlic, freshly ground black pepper and sea salt.

Roast in oven on gas mark 6 for around 20 to 25 minutes, till tender. It will go a little crispy.

Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.

Delicious!

Trifle with the Swiss roll I made the other day, decided I don't like Swiss roll on its own, too sweet, so OH requested trifle.

Also made a Goan fish curry from Hairy Bikers Curry book, just need to add the fish when we want to eat. It is hot and I haven't even used the two long green split chillies, I decided I would see how hot it was first.

I am having a rather odd dinner of left overs. So its a tiny bit of cold chicken, a small cheese omelette (craving cheese as I've not had it for over a week), a re-baked potato and some cabbage :shock:

OH is having reheated pork stew (only one portion :( ) and some cabbage.

Life in the fast lane on a Saturday night :lol: Roll on The Bridge :D

Fish pie with prawns, Jamie Oliver's, went down well with the inlaws, Delia's trifle and then meringues with the left over egg whites from the trifle.

Then beef and ale pie for today, did that in the slow cooker yesterday done it several times before, YUM! Recipe here:http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/252607/proper-beef-ale-and-mushroom-pie