eggregiousness

The thing is, sweetheart......

Whenever I need to break something to my OH, I tend to make something up that is far worse first, then I tell him thats not true but and tell him the real thing, I think it softens the blow. :wink:

Although, he has taken the "if she really wants something, I may as well give in first as last as it save on the agro" approach.

Ironically, it was OH who really wanted chickens, I married a marvellous man (just don't tell him :shh: )

ahh space chick i love your answers how funny.

'Darling i have something to tell you, im pregnant with triplets'

and then when he's come round from the kitchen floor

'it was only a joke, oh by the way i got some chickens today, now mind my ironing and drink this whisky down in one'.

You are all very, very bad indeed! :shameonu::shameonu::shameonu: He is coming home next Sunday. I still haven't said anything......

Youngest daughter is thinking of letting it slip.... She has met the girls and thinks they are hilarious - when she came home (she's in London) I took her into the garden, sat her on the bench and called the chikkies over. She doubled up laughing at them! :lol:

Getting really scared now......... :anxious:

Erm well 3 chooks & a pink eglu from Omlet soon turned into 23, another (red) eglu, an (orange) cube & a chicken shed. Oh & 3 incubators, a broody pen, an indoor guinea pig cage, 2 heat lamps & 4 cockerels included in that lot. :whistle:

Hubby fell in love with the original 3...the Pepperpot had a thing for him - the floosie.

He then wanted his own chickens & it grew from there. We will soon be getting 2 more silkies.

Don't worry about your hubby -it sound like you already have a good mouser ! (the cat that is). Encourage your hubby to hand feed your girls a bit of sweetcorn. He will soon be coming home with treats ' for the girls'. They act so dominant & say things they think they mean. But underneath they are real soft push overs! :wink:

Emma.x

Hellloooooo again,

Tis only me - now I have an idea, the safety in numbers triggered it!!

Well how about if . . er .... we all support you, how would you like us ALL to welcome him home (we can work out a rota, starting in alphabetical order starting for 6am)

We can all telephone you/him one by one, throughout the whole day . .ie one of us every minute or so just to say our cheery greetings, or even, in best sexy voices:

Helloo, Welcome Home Big Boy - we hear you're a cool guy with lots of chicks ;) Thanks ever so much for looking aftrer our chooks . .we just Luuurve the tough guys with soft insides . . we're sooo impressed . . Just off to Dubai for 3 months ... blah blah ;) he he we'd soon have him surrendering. He'll think your quite sane & kind :)

Good Luck

Ms Tillyhopeshe'soverwhelmeswiththeinfectioussillyjoyschickensinspirewithinusall

Hellloooooo again,

Tis only me - now I have an idea, the safety in numbers triggered it!!

Well how about if . . er .... we all support you, how would you like us ALL to welcome him home (we can work out a rota, starting in alphabetical order starting for 6am)

We can all telephone you/him one by one, throughout the whole day . .ie one of us every minute or so just to say our cheery greetings, or even, in best sexy voices:

Helloo, Welcome Home Big Boy - we hear you're a cool guy with lots of chicks ;) Thanks ever so much for looking aftrer our chooks . .we just Luuurve the tough guys with soft insides . . we're sooo impressed . . Just off to Dubai for 3 months ... blah blah ;) he he we'd soon have him surrendering. He'll think your quite sane & kind :)

Good Luck

Ms Tillyhopeshe'soverwhelmeswiththeinfectioussillyjoyschickensinspirewithinusall

Ms Tilytinkle you are, I'm afraid, quite nutty. I am, however, very impressed by your idea, and if it were not for the fact that he would be totally and utterly convinced that chicken people are stark staring bonkers then I would certainly be taking you up on the offer! :lol: