Lesley

We're expecting.........another Newsflash!!

My sister's children are younger than Lauren and Jake (my grandchildren) and I think that they've decided that on Christmas day, Tali is for them to play with and Lauren and Jake will have Jazz to play with - it could be a very cheap Christmas for the parents :lol:

Today is the day!!!

I'm so ..............anxious?........about collecting Tali. Nothing like the excitement of collecting a new puppy...........I'm worried about introducing a new puppy to Jazz :anxious:

I was anxious when collecting Jazz as I didn't know how I'd cope with having a dog.....this time I thought I'd be better but Jazz knows something is changing and has been out of sorts for a couple of weeks.

Everything I've read says introduce them on neutral ground - somewhere new to Jazz - where other dogs haven't been (because Tali's vaccinations won't have taken yet) - and it's supposed to rain all day :roll: Then bring them to the garden.....puppy first......then the house, puppy first.........BUT then I read something last night on Lab Forums that said older dog first.........now I don't know what to do!!!!

No wonder I haven't been sleeping :roll:

I'm sure it will be fine :anxious:

We've kept Jazz's routine since we got back from holiday with her last week, we have a couple of new toys and Nylabones for her to have and won't be going over the top to make her feel better - just the same routine. She will still have her treasured long walks and feeding the animals with Carl as Tali won't be able to join in with that for some time yet.

....and who else would collect a new puppy on the weekend the clocks change???? - I doubt we'll notice the extra hour! :roll::lol:

Aww how exciting! Hope it goes well 8)

When we have introduced new dogs, we introduced them outside the house and took them for a short walk together first so there was no rivalry.Once they were happy playing, into the house and have never had any problems. I know Tali is too young to go for a walk, but the principle is the same. It's just to allow Jazz to make friends without the threat of her space being invaded. Once they are friends hopefully she will be happy to share!

You are gong to be too busy to post pics - but try!! :lol: Can't wait to see them together! Ooh, I'm excited as well :lol:

Good luck, we adopted the same routine as for introducing a baby..........quietly bring the newby in & bring the old 'un to say hello well away from their "personal space" beds, toys etc, my mum brought Poppy in, leaving DH & I free to attend to Jess...and make sure the old 'un gets as much attention as the baby, jealousy is a very ugly thing to watch in dogs :? Plenty of space certainly makes it a lot easier.

With our old girls we took Gem in to the breeders garden to meet Rosie (we weren't supposed to be getting another dog our friend was :roll: we only went for moral support :wink: ) & they hit it off instantly.........For our first intro with this lot, we did it in our large back garden, we had trouble with Jess who is really an "only" dog & wouldn't let Poppy anywhere near her & frothed at the mouth in a very bad mood for several days, any time Pops went near her she leapt away as though we'd thrown boiling water at her :shock: (now they are inseparable & Jess protects the younger two fiercely!)......when we were given Daisy I took both the big girls to Daisy's garden, where Daisy hid under the bench & offered verbal rather than physical contact to start with & eventually came out to play tentatively with her older sister & my 2. Jess accepted her in a doting auntie role & Poppy was adopted as Mum, lovely to watch :D

We'll wait patiently for pics, no doubt you'll take loads, just lack time to post them :wink:

Sha x

Thanks all - I will reply properly soon.....with photos.......

Jazz is terrified of Tali - running round with her ears back, persued by a prancing Tali :roll:

We had an horrendous journey with us being half an hour late on a one hour journey :shock: - gridlock before we even joined the M40 so we joined a queue of cars performing a U turn through traffic cones :shock: So far, Tali has pee'd on the square of carpet we put down instead of the rug and pooped all down Carl and on the floor when he was trying to carry her out of the door :D

I'm sure it will all settle down - Tali has just woken......time to go outside......

Oooh, sounds adorable - she is definitely your dog then, knew who to poop down! :lol:

Jazz sounds like my old retriever Lucy who was about 4 when we got Charlie as a pup. He would gallop behind the settee into a tiny space that Lucy couldn't get into, then he would jump out at her and dash back in again. Hilarious! We could've watched them all day. Hope you have as much fun with your two and Jazz isn't too traumatised by it all! :lol:

I just had Tali on my lap in her blanket to get her to go to sleep - she was really tired and fighting it. I've just popped her and blanket in the crate but with the door open.

She's as good as gold! - she knows her name, comes when called and is a delight! Jazz is still wary and growls quietly but she's never had raised hackles and is not terrified like she was yesterday. Some things we've kept Tali free - like Jazz's two beds and a couple of toys, the rest are first come, first served!!

She woke us twice in the night and went for a wee - Jazz woke everyone a third time, barking at foxes - but we did manage the extra hour in bed.......much to the disgust of the cows and sheep!! :lol:

She lets us know when she wants to go for a wee and is just like Jazz was...........she just looks at the door and makes a soft noise then she keeps looking at the door.......that's all. If you have visitors and miss the signs ............ :D

Aww how exciting! Hope it goes well 8)

When we have introduced new dogs, we introduced them outside the house and took them for a short walk together first so there was no rivalry.Once they were happy playing, into the house and have never had any problems. I know Tali is too young to go for a walk, but the principle is the same. It's just to allow Jazz to make friends without the threat of her space being invaded. Once they are friends hopefully she will be happy to share!

You are gong to be too busy to post pics - but try!! :lol: Can't wait to see them together! Ooh, I'm excited as well :lol:

Good luck, we adopted the same routine as for introducing a baby..........quietly bring the newby in & bring the old 'un to say hello well away from their "personal space" beds, toys etc, my mum brought Poppy in, leaving DH & I free to attend to Jess...and make sure the old 'un gets as much attention as the baby, jealousy is a very ugly thing to watch in dogs :? Plenty of space certainly makes it a lot easier.

With our old girls we took Gem in to the breeders garden to meet Rosie (we weren't supposed to be getting another dog our friend was :roll: we only went for moral support :wink: ) & they hit it off instantly.........For our first intro with this lot, we did it in our large back garden, we had trouble with Jess who is really an "only" dog & wouldn't let Poppy anywhere near her & frothed at the mouth in a very bad mood for several days, any time Pops went near her she leapt away as though we'd thrown boiling water at her :shock: (now they are inseparable & Jess protects the younger two fiercely!)......when we were given Daisy I took both the big girls to Daisy's garden, where Daisy hid under the bench & offered verbal rather than physical contact to start with & eventually came out to play tentatively with her older sister & my 2. Jess accepted her in a doting auntie role & Poppy was adopted as Mum, lovely to watch :D

We'll wait patiently for pics, no doubt you'll take loads, just lack time to post them :wink:

Sha x

Thanks both for the advice. It helps to hear from others who've been there.

We were hoping to introduce them outside but it was raining and Tali had been sick on the way home and was also suffering a bit from the squits after accidentally being fed twice one evening a couple of days before - all the puppies were the same and were beig fed on chicken and rice. We had to bring them both in and it didn't go too badly, considering.

We've been very careful to make Jazz a priority and Tali just thinks Jazz is playing when she runs away. The boiling water analogy is so apt Sha - Jazz is just like that......and a bit grumpy, but she's getting there.