Lesley

We're expecting.........another Newsflash!!

aaaawwww I want another one :lol: ...I have to make do with puppy auntie for now though....a friend has a little yellow boy who's coming , in theory, so stay for a couple of days whilst they go to an uncle's wedding....he needs to come here for a few play dates to be certain that he gets on with my monsters first once he's had all his jabs........ :anxious:

Jazz sounds to be mellowing towards Tali, they come round quite quickly as long as they are included from the start.......

Sha x

My 3 are due their boosters....which I keep up due to the number of pups we seem to have tootling through our doors at one stage or another, so I'll get them done too & have the little chap round :wink: If mine were mid year, I would have him over like a shot, though being so close to boosters I think it's only fair to let him, and them, be fully covered before he arrives.

Sha x

:clap: YAY - cute, cute and more cuteness :dance:

She's a poppet Lesley, Jazz will come round when ready and realises that Tali is not actually any real contender for top dog :wink:

I echo words of caution re. vaccinated dogs - our vet has had 4 pups die from Parvovirus in the last 3 weeks, blaming it on people not having pets vaccinated due to the recession. :(

All the best to you and Carl

Four pups! - what a shame :(

Tali had already had her first vaccinations - the breeder is a Vet, so she did them.

We worry because we assume that foxes can carry the diseases, the same as un-vaccinated dogs? Anywhere we put Tali down for toiletting will have been visited by foxes. We carried her round for a walk today and it was like trying to hold a bag of eels :roll: - she really wanted to be walking!

Tali has her check-up at the Vets tomorrow.

I've just gone to post photos on the Labrador Forums - I joined up a few weeks ago - free membership.......it's just given me a message saying that I've posted 5 times and now have to pay a subscription :shock: No mention of that when I joined.......and I won't be paying :evil:

Had they mentioned it anywhere obvious then I might have considered subscribing :evil:

Pam, we need more news on Sam - how is he getting on?......and more photos!

Tali is settling in well - luckily she sees Jazz's constant avoidance of her as a game :roll: Jazz is a Grumpy Old Woman and the look in her eyes each morning when she realises that the brat is still here is comical :D She's getting a lot closer to Tali now so we're hoping it will soon settle down. We're being careful to make sure she's allowed to be top dog - she is fed first and has her usual morning cuddles when she's let out of her bed area - after that they'll have to sort it out between them.

Tali woke every two hours through the night so I'm going to make sure that she eats more in the day today and that her supper is the smaller meal. She pooped twice in the night (outside)

I'm erm...... 'tired' :wink: after the.....

First wee

Supervised breakfasts

Playtime

Pootime

More playtime

........sleep

...routine in the morning.

Tali is asleep now - Jazz has gone out with Carl. I'll go off to Aquafit later......for a rest!!! :D

She's a real sweetie Lesley :D

When we brought Alfie home we took Holly to the rescue kennel to meet him in their excercise area, and she was so grumpy with him, hiding behind the sofa and going onto her crate with her back to him :( because she has a bushy tail, Alfie thought it was great to swing on and chase after :roll: A few growls and he eventually stopped. It did take a while, just because Holly had been so badly treated before we got her and didn't know how to play, now they are such good company for each other.

They still have seperate beds, although Alfie will stand by Holly and whimper until she gets out of the one he wants :roll: When they go into kennels and then they sleep together by choice :lol: She's still top dog though, and he won't start to eat until she does :wink:

So glad Tali is settling in well :D

Karen x

I've just gone to post photos on the Labrador Forums - I joined up a few weeks ago - free membership.......it's just given me a message saying that I've posted 5 times and now have to pay a subscription :shock: No mention of that when I joined.......and I won't be paying :evil:

Had they mentioned it anywhere obvious then I might have considered subscribing :evil:

Em.. they mention it in the email they send you when you sign up - well they did in mine. :? You don't have to subscribe - just use it for any useful information you can glean. :D

Well, we've worked really hard with Jazz and it is paying off now.

Jazz made huge efforts yesterday!! It was so comical to watch :D I gave Tali a hide chew and Jazz wanted it.....she doesn't even like the one I gave Tali usually :roll: She kept circling and jumping backwards every time Tali moved. She growls a lot so we supervise it but don't intervene. My son had come in so he lay on the floor and stroked Jazz each time she became braver. Eventually, she took the chew :shock::shock::clap:

Then she kept 'accidentally' dropping it by Tali and letting her take it..........then she would take it back again, time and time again! :lol:

They ended up sharing the chew :shock::shock::shock::D Lots of praise for both! Jazz is such a lovely natured dog and we were hoping that having Tali wouldn't change that. We've worked hard to make sure that Jazz's routine is the same as before and she still gets the same level of attention - but the mewling babe is here to stay!

Jazz had another good day yesterday :D - we always knew this was going to be about Jazz more then Tali........

Tali - in her temporary night time box - she's on her way to the door and will sleep in the hall next to Jazz's bed area......

DSCF0490.jpg

Fast asleep...

DSCF0491.jpg

Tali meets the hens - look at that tail! - she ran away!

DSCF0496.jpg

Tali with her chew - Jazz wants to take it but is unsure - we had about an hour of this....

DSCF0500.jpg

Jazz eventually took it......this was the nearest she's let Tali get to her in 5 days....

DSCF0504.jpg

Sharing!!!DSCF0506.jpg

That was Wednesday - we had to go through the same rigmarole yesterday but it all worked just the same - Jazz is so funny when she takes the chew and then circles Tali......accidentally dropping the chew for Tali to pick up so that she (Jazz) can take it again and assert herself :D

Tali has been renamed.......Tillytinkle, or Talitinkle (sorry Mrs. T :D ) - I've never known a puppy to piddle so much :shock: We take her as soon as she goes near the door and whines.......think we've got at least an hour before the next one.......but she heads straight for the water as soon as she comes in .....and piddles on the floor 10 minutes later :roll:

We're not used to this as Jazz has always had the bladder of an elephant.........

Tali did go through the night 'til 5.30 though :dance: (but then I had to get up.....and stay up :evil: )

Great pictures!! :D

We are lucky with Charlie, not had an accident in the house at all so far, but then as the weather is mild we are leaving the door open and he is spending a lot of time playing and resting in the garden... he sends the chickens in a panic, they think he's a fox :roll: ... yesterday after playing he went to lie next to their run and slept there, so they got to have a good look at him and decided he wasn't so scary after all... until he barged out there again this morning and they started sqwaking again!!

I took him out last night before going to bed, and tried to encourage him to go, and he sat on the grass looking at me in the most unimpressed way, then scooted off straight back to his crate...