Lesley

We're expecting.........another Newsflash!!

Too late now - it's here! I never thought to say.

I bought two extra panels as well - we have one dog that matches my long black skirt and will have one that matches the kitchen floor tiles and I refuse to have both of them under my feet!! I have one panel fixed to either side of the central unit. I'm forever tripping over Jazz and I'll be happier that they're both the other side of the room.

We took Jazz for her annual check-up today and Tali is already booked in for her free Puppy Check.

I've had lots more photos today - had to look at them via dial-up but it was worth the wait :D

Feedingtime4Oct20098.jpg

Guess which one is in the bowl?? :roll: - we could have a very different dog to Jazz here.......Jazz is not a greedy Labrador and even leaves food in her bowl!

Jazz is having a whale of a time, playing in the sea all day. We've been using the new spray collar and reinforcing her good behaviour. Carl chose the cooked breakfast in the hotel on Friday which included 2 very cheap sausages - great!!!!! they chopped up to make a hundred or so tiny treats for training Jazz :lol: Her recall is much better now, we can even call her out of the sea and when she is busy 'killing' seaweed!!......the big test will be this morning when we see my Mum...........we'll be using the collar to stop Jazz jumping up........I have to crack this one before Tali comes to join us :?

That's very true! - we have found training Jazz difficult at times as she's not always food led - she will work for high value treats..........if she feels like it :roll:

The personalities are emerging now - Tali is very friendly and is often first to greet new people - I wonder if we're going to have another 'top dog' from the litter.......Jazz was 'topdog' :roll::D

Try using what I call Puppy Crack (Ruby isn't food orientated either) I buy those ghastly Herta frankfurters and keep them in the freezer, then dice them up into cubes of about 5mm and do the same with cheap plastic cheese - she'll do anything for them!

Any Irish setters I have met have been greedy opportunists... sort of honorary lurchers! :lol:

We went to see the puppies on Sunday and took Lauren and Jake with us.

Jake "Puppy Magnet" :D - Tali is in the crook of his arm....

DSC00123.jpg

A sight we never saw with Jazz - Lauren was so terrified of dogs that she spent weeks moving around the room on the back of the furniture as she was scared of a 7 week old puppy......Lauren with Tali......

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

I know!!

We didn't see the puppies for two weeks as we were away for a week - lots of little characters emerged. We did have photos sent to us while we were away but it was still a surprise to see how they'd grown!

(not as big a surprise as coming home to 6 almost fully grown ducks :shock: )