Space Chick

Making a rod for my own back....

Do you know, during the fight last night I threatened to go on strike. It is sounding like an increasingly viable option :wink:

I think you have to give a weeks notice before strike action :wink:

Marvellous, just in time for the bank holiday weekend then :wink:

I should say that we do have the occasional meal out and takeaway (but only in seriously vetted restaurants and only 1 Indian takeaway comes up to scratch :lol: )

I was exhausted last night and so told the kids that it was fridge leftovers for supper. Stew & Dumplings, Beef In Guiness or Shepherd's Pie - all homemade. Then later I have a uber craving for a curry so myself and OH ordered one just before the kids went to bed. They clocked it and they were all ready to phone Childline for child cruelty and neglect :roll::lol::lol:

I was exhausted last night and so told the kids that it was fridge leftovers for supper. Stew & Dumplings, Beef In Guiness or Shepherd's Pie - all homemade. Then later I have a uber craving for a curry so myself and OH ordered one just before the kids went to bed. They clocked it and they were all ready to phone Childline for child cruelty and neglect :roll::lol::lol:

We've done that before now too. If we have to do something, usually ferrying one of them somewhere or parents evening etc, I feed them at about 5pm then we get a takeaway later, by which time they are hungry again and hang around like vultures in the trees. Hungry teenagers can be quite intimidating :anxious:

You have spoilt your OH and he is a very lucky man. I would hope that by this evening he will have had a re-think and a meal out and some serious apologies will be in order.

Goodness me your OH is really, really spoilt. :shock: You sound like a perfect house angel.

I think seeing as you both work full time your OH should cook for you at least once a week. I do the majority of cooking in this house as I don't work (yet) but OH has always cooked the odd meal at the weekend - omlettes on Saturdays or he'll do the odd roast on a Sunday.

When we were both working full time we shared the cooking.

I hope he comes home with a bunch of flowers and an apology for you tonight at the very least. I also hope your tummy troubles get sorted out and that you are feeling better. :D

Goodness me your OH is really, really spoilt. :shock: You sound like a perfect house angel.

I think seeing as you both work full time your OH should cook for you at least once a week.

I think this is really good advice, you have been an angel to him and he should allow you to rest once a week while he fusses around you :D

I am sure he didnt mean to get upset and that he does appreciate you but it wouldnt do any harm to make things a bit more balanced

Well he came home from work today and admitted he does take me for granted, and he will try and appreciate me more :D

He reckons everyone in work thinks that he's spoiled. He had an egg sarnie and a custard doughnut from Greggs and said it wasn't very nice :( Then asked if I thought Greggs used free range eggs - I said probably not, he looked sad :shh:

No present though :shameonu: Although he has said about us getting a takeaway tomorrow night or going out for a meal :P

He went white when I said I may go on strike :lol:

Glad to hear he has come to his senses!!

I can imagine him going to work all indignant, and then all his colleagues backing you!!

A meal out sounds like a lovely gesture! But still think you should make him cook once in a while :wink::D

I am not anti man but they do get into bad habits. Get a "closed "sign for the kitchen . I agree teenagers who are hungry are threatening - I give ES dry cheerios if hes annoying me while I cook.

I think if you cook from scratch they get too much of a good thing. Men dont understand when we are ill they panic and get child like and demanding - well my 3 do and I get snappy cos I feel grot. This calls for "girl power"

I only just caught up on this one. I think you are amazing. I guess part of his reaction was that he is actually so impressed with what you produce that he is reluctant to go anywhere else for food.

I have always tried to cook from fresh, even when I was working full-time, but it isn't easy. As I am in hospital fairly often, DH has to look after himself from time to time, and does so with varying degrees of success. But he is always grateful, and understanding if I am feeling poorly - he will get a takeaway or cook something himself or take me out, depending on how poorly I am feeling. He doesn't mind if I have a menopausal moment and forget to make bread or otherwise run out of certain foods.

You do need to get a bit of flexibility into the meal production - it won't kill him to eat a takeaway or a ready meal once in a while. I'm all for healthy eating but if there is a good reason to take the low-effort option, then I can't see a problem with that.

I have a friend who is a fantastic cook - and her OH begrudges paying for a meal out because, no matter how upmarket they go, the food is never as good as he gets at home :roll:

We rarely eat out and I do virtually all of the cooking. When I need a break I inform the family it is pizza night and shop bought food goes from freezer to oven. OH isn't keen on this so is told I am happy for him to cook the meal if he prefers but I'm having the night off :lol:

Space mum, you are wonderful.

I realy hope Kev doesnt read this thread, cos I dont do half of what you do.

kev does virtually all of the cooking (he is a fantastic cook - expecially if you want a full sunday dinner or a full chinese banquet 8)8)8) ) - unless he wants egg and chips or pasta and tomato sauce :lol:

I do the clothes washing (but not the ironing :oops: ) and I do the dishwasher.

yep, thats about it :D:D:D

cathy

x