Redwing

Second Fire in Two Months :-(

We have had a chimney fire this evening :( the fire brigade have just been here for an hour sorting it out - a passing dog walker saw 5ft flames coming out the chimney and called them, hubby was unaware of the fire until the dog walker knocked on the door!

We had a fire a couple of months back when the fuse box caught fire in the night

The chimney had been swept this winter and the fuse box was new-ish too, I am feeling pretty down right now :cry:

I suppose it's a bit too charred for soup?

We never saw it - the FB blasted the fire out from below apparently (I was still on my way home from work when they arrived)

In lieu of birds nest soup we have just eaten a whole trifle straight out of its plastic bowl as we missed out on tea :)

tbh - bird guards on cowls can be more of a hazard than a help. In many cases, they can be prone to blocking with leaves and debris - so no better off than an ordinary cowl.

Steel top cowls are good. They're like upturned buckets with air vents from underneath. They prevent down-draught and there is no way birds can get in...