Redwing

Second Fire in Two Months :-(

Oh my goodness! :shock::shock::shock: I am so glad your OK Tasha and that the dog walker was eagle eyed, had I known though that there was to be imminent Firemen around I would have stuck around a little longer... :wink:

I think we need to get you a smoke and heat detector in every room just to make us all sleep easier now!.. two fires in such a short while. :(

Glad that you're all ok.

We had a chimney fire when I was a teenager. I had just had my room decorated and a new carpet. I went upstairs after tea to find my skirting board and new carpet on fire. The fire brigade said that it had probably been smouldering for ages. It was in a sealed off chimney running alongside the active one. Very scarey, especially for it to happen twice in such a short space of time. Good thing that the dog walker came by. :shock:

What a shock Tasha :shock:

I'm so glad you are all OK.

Hope theres not too much damage, and that you will be able to get any insurance claim sorted quickly :pray:

On the plus side, hunky firemen :wink:

Although I hope you didn't make an idiot of yourself like I did when we had a fire about 11 years ago, we had a lot of smoke, and I started crying to a fireman asking if Henry (the dog) would be OK with smoke inhalation as he has smaller lungs :oops: The fireman pointed out that he had been nearer the ground where the air would have been better :anxious: Henry was only 4 then, he's 15 now and has suffered no ill effects :wink:

What a shock Tasha :shock:

:lol:

On the plus side, hunky firemen :wink:

Although I hope you didn't make an idiot of yourself like I did when we had a fire about 11 years ago, we had a lot of smoke, and I started crying to a fireman asking if Henry (the dog) would be OK with smoke inhalation as he has smaller lungs :oops: The fireman pointed out that he had been nearer the ground where the air would have been better :anxious: Henry was only 4 then, he's 15 now and has suffered no ill effects :wink:

Sort of daft thing I would;ve asked- I think our heads are turned by the uniform

Hi Tash sorry to read about your chimney fire. I hope youre all ok.

We have an open fire here and so we are always wary of the possibility.

A distant relative of mine had a chimney fire some weeks ago. He lives in a new house (1 or 2 years old) and the fireman showed him an area behind the flue that had not been constructed properly. This resulted in it filling with soot and the accompanying risk of fire.

Sorry the above is a little wooly - if it is of any interest to you, pm me and I'll get it chapter and verse.

Tasha, tell me that you don't have a chip pan!!! :shock::shock:

goodness no! not with what I see at work on our training DVDs :shock:

I got to work this morning and the car park barrier screen said 'passcard abuse!' which means I had done something to get my pass revoked :shock: it was kind of the last straw as I have been working so hard and driving so many miles recently and with all the stresses at home with electrical problems, broken stopcocks, broken taps, no heating or hot water I am ashamed to say I burst in to tears!

Turns out it was an error on the barrier :lol: