Millie-Annie

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS. INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

Vielen Dank (many thanks). See, you've quadrupled your German vocabulary in one day!

Thanks for the kind thoughts. It's another glorious cloudless day with warm temperatures, so the chicks are down in the Eglu Cube having a grand day out.

I think it was the American author J.D. Salinger who once filled out the "religion" blank on the census form with "rooster worship". I can see what he means ... they're awfully fun to watch.

Welcome :) I know what you mean, I was in the garden yesterday and I realised I had just been staring at the chickens for about 20 minutes :lol: Really are such a distraction!

Love the names, especially Mambo, what breed are they? Sam

Hi All,

My name is Anita. I don't have my chickens yet! Think I have talked about them soo much that my husband has just accepted we are having some. On the look out for a secondhand eglu locally (kent) and a good place to buy some chickens. There doesn't seem to be anywhere round here so if anyone knows a good place in kent please let me know.

Looking forward to being able to join the flock ..

Anita

Hallo Haehnchen (think that means chicken?)

Did German GCSE but have forgotten most of it!

Letzes jahr habe ich meine arbeitsprakticum bei Guide Dogs verbracht (probably all spelt wrong but was for a speaking test ;) )

Welcome to the forum Anita too :D

Hallo Haehnchen (think that means chicken?) Did German GCSE but have forgotten most of it! Letzes jahr habe ich meine arbeitsprakticum bei Guide Dogs verbracht (probably all spelt wrong but was for a speaking test ;) )

Yes, spot on, Haehnchen means chicken.

That's excellent spelling if you learned that phonetically. Capitize "Arbeitsprkatikum" and throw in a "k" and it's perfect. It'a a tough language to learn; you're very brave!

Hello,

I am new to the site and have only kept chickens once before(only for a year as a fox had all 3). This is why I have found myself on here as I would like to try again, and like the look of the Omlet cube and fox proof run. I don't think I will be able to offer any advice yet but I hope I may gain some. Now I have the big ask does anybody have a cube I could have a look at as my husband doesn't like the idea of spending that much when I have not seen one. I live in Bramhall, Stockport. Thanks. Anna

Hi Anna :)

Theres a list of people here who are willing to let people come and visit their eglu/cube. There are also some shops/chicken breeders that have the full omlet range which you could have a look at, but I'm not sure if there are any near you. Good luck :)

I just registered,

I live in the east midlands, and i first had 3 ex-battery hens

One of whom, called Flo, never layed, and she sadly died earlier this month :(

So yesterday we decided we wanted some more chooks, because they are just SO addicitve, and we got one 16 week old white star called Fuji and one 16 week old bluebell called Noodles!

They are having a bit of a fight still but they will figure it out i hope!!

Hi, just introducing myself. My names Ash. Managed to purchase a 2nd hand eglu and picking it up on Saturday. Will be having two chickens, who we went and picked last weekend. Aptly naming them Henrietta and Daisy.

Shall be using the forum as a source of advice. Hello everyone

Hi, i'm sally and new to this forum but have been keeping chickens for a few years, i have just welcomed charlotte and roxie(barnevelders) to our family but reg(a white leghorn we found in a hedge and thought was a cockeral, hence the name reg!) and spoiler (orpington type) are not being nice to them at the moment, we have polish frizzle hatching eggs on the way for myfanwy and tiffany(pekin bantams) to hatch as they are excellent mummies.any advice and suggestions will be gratefully recieved!

Hi, i'm sally and new to this forum but have been keeping chickens for a few years, i have just welcomed charlotte and roxie(barnevelders) to our family but reg(a white leghorn we found in a hedge and thought was a cockeral, hence the name reg!) and spoiler (orpington type) are not being nice to them at the moment, we have polish frizzle hatching eggs on the way for myfanwy and tiffany(pekin bantams) to hatch as they are excellent mummies.any advice and suggestions will be gratefully recieved!

Hello Sallylally. If you need any special help on your hatchlings pop a post on the main area of the chicken forum and you'll get loads of answers. Meanwhile happy waiting. I have a polish frizzle and she is just gorgeous! Very pretty and very friendly.

Hi I have just joined today, let me introduce myself. We have been keeping 3 hens for a year now. Daphne a hefty Bluebell, Geraldine a Goldline and very naughty Gertrude a Speckled Star. Daphne was formerly known as Boudica, and her personality was a little fierce to say the least! So following a light hearted conversation with the Vet during a visit for my cat. She suggested that animals and children often became like their names, thinking of children I knew I though hmmm she has a point. My partner mocked but even he couldn't believe the immediate transformation of her dermeanor!

We bought a wooden coup last May and created a *rustic covered run* for them during the day. In retrospect that was a mistake, the poor quality wooden coup did not really cope with Daphne's weight and a very hard winter. We have bought an Eglu classic and have a purpose built walk in run is arriving tomorrow.

The girls are well worth the huge amount of money that they seem to be costing us! I love their company in the garden while I am busy working they constantly chatter to me. The excitement and subsequent kerfuffle while worms slugs and snails are thrown in for their pleasure!

Aw I bet your rustic covered run was lovely.

Your theory about names is probably right. We named Crow pretty soon after we got her and she now caws but are crows cheeky? budgie at the same time now tweets and Pigeon has always been a nuisance :lol:

Welcome to the forum and look forward to hearing about Gertrude :D

Hi, I'm not new to this forum - I used to be fowlbird but couldn't log in one day so I re-registered as foulbird... Things haven't been great this past 2 or 3 years which is why I haven't been around but now it's all looking up again. I'm moving to East Anglia as soon as I find the property I want :think:

I've been given the money to buy a Cube! :dance:

Once I'm settled I'm planning to get more rescue hens - at the moment I only have Polly left - my other three died (old age :( ) and I'll be back in the hennery business! :D

Hello everyone.

I used to post on here when I got some ex-batts in May 2009.

however they were killed by fox attack in November 2010.

We have only just got some more, 4 who are in a very palatial walk in run :)

Loving having chickens in the garden again :)

Hi Lou! :D